ZEITGEIST: The Gears of Revolution - Act One: The Investigation Begins

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
ZEITGEIST: The Gears of Revolution - Act One: The Investigation Begins (4e)

Product information... View for more details

jacktannery

Explorer
5 out of 5 rating for ZEITGEIST: The Gears of Revolution - Act One: The Investigation Begins

Best adventure path I've ever run - 100% recommended.

Shimrath

Explorer
5 out of 5 rating for ZEITGEIST: The Gears of Revolution - Act One: The Investigation Begins

5 Stars, without hesitation. These are some of the very best adventures i have ever read/played.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic

• > Beautiful book - layout, maps, artwork all excellent - don't thin there is a bit of wasted space in the 599 pages.
  • > Adventures - (not yet played) are interesting reads, with great plots and characters, can't wait to run my characters through them.
  • > The Setting - while this is 5 adventures, it is an introduction to the fantasy steam punk / gothic punk / fantasy gothic world of ZEITGEIST.
  • > A damn fine read - there are just books that you get enjoyment from.

Last edited:

Shilubi

First Post

Looking for a good AP? This one is different.
Remind me, while being better, of Warhammer's Enemy Within campaign for the investigation and atmosphere parts.
I mean i'm over 40, been playing for 20+ years, now i'm looking for something else in an AP. Dungeons, magical items, hack and slash...are boring. I need original ideas, compelling stories, mature subjects, different atmosphere.

Zeitgeist has it all. Including those pesky dungeons, items and battles but often with little savoury twists.
And some nice player handouts.
And some mini-games to simulate some situations.
And a forum here on ENWorld where you can talk with gamemasters and with the AP creator.

Play style is more social/investigation than combat. Characters ain't adventurers, but royal special task force. Think FBI.

In this Act1, each adventure of the five adventures has it's own unique flavor:
1st Cinematic and heroic (while level 1!). Really nice intro
2nd Detective investigation
3rd Chuthluesque adventure
4th Orient Express style
5th Grand finale

Last edited:

Panthanas

Explorer

As of this review my group has just began the fifth adventure, Cauldron Born. Also, I do not have the hard copy, only the PDFs of the individual adventures and the compiled book.

From the story standpoint and as the DM for the game, I appreciate the depth of the details, as well as the open ended nature of the adventures. The players and DM are given a vast amount of leeway on how events unfold and are resolved. The conspiracy takes off well from the outset of the path, transitioning smoothly between adventures. I have to give high praise to the second adventure, The Dying Skyseer, which especially shines with its investigation threads. Truly a remarkable, and highly enjoyable adventure for players and DMs. Adventures three and four are greatly enjoyable as well, with adventure three's subtle inclusion of world history tied into the player's story to adventure four's feel as a spy adventure. My player's and I are looking forward to Cauldron Born finishing up the first act, as well as the remainder of the adventure path.

From the game mechanics standpoint, my players, as well as myself as the DM, enjoy the unique nature of the NPCs. Each are well thought out and balanced. My players have commented that each major combat is different from the last and how the unique nature of the major combatants is a refreshing turn from battling standard Monster Manual bad guys. Furthermore, the quality and production standards for the PDFs are excellent, from the layout to the art.

Highly recommended.

Endzeitgeist

First Post

I am of the firm belief that this tome belongs into a DM’s arsenal and that running this, will one day be a kind of rite of passage. If you thought the “War of the Burning Sky” was good – it has NOTHING on Zeitgeist. My final verdict will come as no surprise, seeing how the first 5 installments were the first ever AP to succeed at such an unbroken string of superb ratings from yours truly; it will clock in at 5 stars, seal of approval and a nomination as a candidate for my top ten of 2014.

I wasn't at all looking to seeing this here in New Zealand, and yet here it is. The quality of this AP goes without saying, Google Endzeitgeist's review (and he knows his stuff). However he only got the PDF and MAN he is missing out. The hard cover is a thing of beauty, it is a pleasure to just browse through. So buy for the beauty, stay for the awesome AP :D

ibkevg

First Post

Absolutely amazing in it's scope and greatness.

takai

Explorer

A work of art, this AP offers a new and refreshing take at adventure design. My players and I enjoy it very much. Thank you so much!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases