D&D 5E Running Eberron in 5E

Wrathamon

Adventurer
How does this work with Monks and Barbarians? If it stacks its a great benefit, but so is picking a Dwarf and getting armor for your wizard. I'm not sure its that great a benefit, as these are two classes that I saw a lot of warforged come from. Just like a lot of racial abilities, its not always great for every class and some wont get used at all like the mountain dwarf.

I was thinking it didn;t stack, but its better than the Mountain dwarf because it cant be taken away.

I think the final solution is that you can pick what armor type you want based on the subrace (or model) as you suggested.
+2 con base

No armor variation + 1 in any stat
Light armor AC 14 base + 1 in Dex
heavy armor model with AC 16 as a base. +1 Str

Feats such as mithril or adamatine would upgrade this by 2, so mitril would give AC 15 and admatine would give AC 18. ( i would look at the armor proficiency feats and model warforged ones after those and maybe add a kicker ability)

obviously numbers would need to be crunched to find the sweet spots for the bonuses. is AC 14 too good? ok 13.

is heavy armor not that great (well by itself it probably wouldnt be but with the other bonuses maybe it is and doesnt need +2 str like the dwarf)

Astrosicebear

First Post
Nothing is ever certain, but we're in contact and I expect that I'll be in the loop.

If there is anything the community can do, let us know. We can break out the +3 Petition of Power, put on the Kneepads of Grovelling, and do whatever else to make Eberron 5e happen SOONER than later.

GameDoc

Explorer
Separately from any concerns for mechanical balance and trade offs, the 1/2 healing for warforged in 3e never made narrative since to me since 3e all healing was divine magic. It seems like if the gods wanted a warforged hero healed, they'd let their clerics heal them fully.

Osgood

Adventurer
I'm a little disappointed Keith doesn't know when or how extensive the Eberron support will be... I had hoped WotC would already have him cloistered away working on the book. I hate the fact that the current focus seems to be the Forgettable Realms. I guess they figure start with the bland and save the awesome for later.

Astrosicebear

First Post
I'm a little disappointed Keith doesn't know when or how extensive the Eberron support will be... I had hoped WotC would already have him cloistered away working on the book. I hate the fact that the current focus seems to be the Forgettable Realms. I guess they figure start with the bland and save the awesome for later.

My guess is we will see the FRCS by mid/late 2015. If Eberron and related products (AP's, adv league) etc make it into the 2016 slot ill be happy... but I wouldn't count on it until 2017.

Hellcow

Adventurer
My guess is we will see the FRCS by mid/late 2015. If Eberron and related products (AP's, adv league) etc make it into the 2016 slot ill be happy... but I wouldn't count on it until 2017.
PERSONALLY, I am hoping to have concrete Eberron support before that. However, no need to pull out the petitions yet. At the moment I think things are moving in the right direction; it's just something that WotC isn't going to have much time to think about until the DMG is done and 5E is fully launched.

Mercule

Adventurer
Backgrounds are inherently flexible though. If you want a Cannith criminal swap the skills and proficiencies for the criminals skills and proficiencies.
Eh, I see that argument for combining a "Cannith house artisan" and "criminal" (or whatever). I fully support the idea that membership in a house, at active participation, should be a background. I'm just not at all on board with the background granting the Mark.

Assuming a) a Mark is comparable to a feat, and b) the Skilled feat is a fair conversion, then being Marked as part of a background would eat up three proficiencies. That almost eats up the entire background, which I don't think is reasonable -- either mechanically or roleplay-wise (power != childhood experience).

Also, if I had to choose a mechanical trade-off (which I really, really wouldn't want to do), I would favor prohibiting marks at 1st level, rather than make them only available at creation. To emphasize, that's a gun-to-the-head decision. It does factor into my aversion to using backgrounds and acceptance of using feats for marks.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases