Everything D&D Ever - Temple of the Frog

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
How are we measuring up for combat?

My gnome feels a little squishy for a front-line fighter, but I think that's probably where we need her.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
We're all first level; we all can take one hit, maybe two. :)

If we're forced to fight, then I hope our Bard player has heals in addition to mine lol

15-16 AC is pretty high for level 1; by comparison, a great wyrm red dragon has an AC somewhere between 18-22.

Forget what you know about 3.x. Fights are nasty, brutish, and short. That's why we avoid them like the plague with all our high Cha characters... though I'm not making my girl much of a Diplomat. :D

Last edited:

Brother Dave

First Post
Also, so far, you're the only male on the party... :3
LOL I was kind of noticing that. Such a hardship. Tsk. I guess I can be the token guy on the team...though Bran can pass as a girl if the situation warrants...a fairly tall girl, granted, but still...

Maybe Bran has a 'sister' - Mara Ravenwood - who makes an appearance from time to time.

Last edited:

sithramir

First Post
Sorry Herobizkit! My character will definitely be male though.

Taranis will be the name and i'm working out some details now.

[MENTION=6755061]MasqueradingVampire[/MENTION] : What are your thoughts on the fey/Sidhe concept? Does it work? Trying to understand how you'd like to fit it into the story line(s) and that might help me flush out exactly which direction I push the back story and background traits.

Do we want to have some kind of connection between all the characters for the future modules if there's a few people using the "iconic" concepts?

*Edit: I forgot to add that my thought was the Sidhe were once creatures of worship. Some might call them gods but really they were just a race of strong magic and culture. I'm thinking that concept that at different times the powers available differ to equivalate to the level changes, etc. Taranis will likely be somewhat arrogant in the concept of "I will save something". There's no doubt of failure. What needs done just gets done. The charisma is more looks of the bloodline but not really diplomatic. I kind of see him as having some trouble grasping simple concepts a "normal" human might making him some off somewhat strange to someone who didn't know his culture.

Last edited:

sithramir

First Post
We're all first level; we all can take one hit, maybe two. :)

If we're forced to fight, then I hope our Bard player has heals in addition to mine lol

15-16 AC is pretty high for level 1; by comparison, a great wyrm red dragon has an AC somewhere between 18-22.

Forget what you know about 3.x. Fights are nasty, brutish, and short. That's why we avoid them like the plague with all our high Cha characters... though I'm not making my girl much of a Diplomat. :D

I will definitely have some healing but my intent was not to fill that total role. But with Paladin, Bard, and if you go Cleric we'll have a lot of ability to handle heals without forcing a cleric into soley that role at least.I do love the scaling spell powers of 5E. Anyone with a spell can at least do some general healing, etc and with the HD healing with short rests that really should help. 1st and 2nd levels I think will find a lot of us quite "squishy" however.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Sorry Herobizkit! My character will definitely be male though.

Taranis will be the name and i'm working out some details now.

@MasqueradingVampire : What are your thoughts on the fey/Sidhe concept? Does it work? Trying to understand how you'd like to fit it into the story line(s) and that might help me flush out exactly which direction I push the back story and background traits.

Do we want to have some kind of connection between all the characters for the future modules if there's a few people using the "iconic" concepts?

*Edit: I forgot to add that my thought was the Sidhe were once creatures of worship. Some might call them gods but really they were just a race of strong magic and culture. I'm thinking that concept that at different times the powers available differ to equivalate to the level changes, etc. Taranis will likely be somewhat arrogant in the concept of "I will save something". There's no doubt of failure. What needs done just gets done. The charisma is more looks of the bloodline but not really diplomatic. I kind of see him as having some trouble grasping simple concepts a "normal" human might making him some off somewhat strange to someone who didn't know his culture.

Sorry, been sick. What concept specifically? There is a Fey Realm (assume the 5E cosmology for all planar matters). The elves claim a connection to the fey realm but their true history is a bit shadier (see the Kae'Ari section of the campaign setting material, noting that their true past is not common knowledge). Gnomes are much more fey in origin.

sithramir

First Post
Sorry, been sick. What concept specifically? There is a Fey Realm (assume the 5E cosmology for all planar matters). The elves claim a connection to the fey realm but their true history is a bit shadier (see the Kae'Ari section of the campaign setting material, noting that their true past is not common knowledge). Gnomes are much more fey in origin.

I think I wrote it earlier. I was thinking my character as a Fey background origin. I was thinking the concept of the Sidhe (or maybe Half Sidhe?) who are not necessarily "immortal" but extremely long lives similar to the elves. They have a court with a King or Queen they all belong to, etc. They're a magic culture with a lot of culture in art, etc. So the character concept of a bard isn't really an "entertainer" as a part of the history of the character who grows up with creatures of nature and song and magic, etc. My thought was to be an iconic character who shows up in the multiple campaigns. As we change levels concepts it's the thought that his magic isn't always there. More of it's there as needed so a level 17 character would be when his magic was strong but the level 1 concept is when it's very weak. I was just thinking either a human or half-elf but making this the flavor of how he ties into the campaign.

Just wanted your thoughts as the DM so as to properly fit in and how to make the RIGHT background choices to tie into your world.

What you said about gnomes kind of fits but I really dislike gnomes (at least in terms of playing them). I've always shied from halflings, gnomes, dwarfs, etc. I dunno, perhaps I don't want to be too short or something! But gnome could be possible if its what fits the thoughts as long as it's not the standard thought of it.

Or maybe i'm a human who got caught up with the fey or something similar and they are holding me forever as a tool to help their interests? Wanted to see your thoughts.

*Edit: Fixed a wrong they're...

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
That sounds quite interesting, actually. Particularly if the character is a changeling in the folklore sense (a fey child exchanged for a mortal child by wicked or mischievous fairies). So, mechanically human or elven or whatever, but fey in story terms. Sounds pretty groovy to me.

Remove ads