MiPS Lost Mine [IC]

mips42

Adventurer
History
More than five hundred years ago, clans of dwarves and gnomes made an agreement known as Phandelver's Pact, by which they would share a rich mine in a wondrous cavern known as Wave Echo Cave. In addition to its vast mineral wealth it was quickly learned that the cave had immense magical power contained within its walls. Soon wizards from the surrounding areas arrived to the cave and worked with the gnomes to channel that energy creating what was known as the Forge of Spells. The nearby human town of Phandalin bustled as a market place for the sale of the rich minerals, crafts, and magical items that flowed out of the cave. But then darkness swept the region. A massive tribe of orc swept through the North and laid waste to all in their path.
Quickly the orc learned of the Forge of Spells and along with a number of evilmercenary wizards assaulted the cave. The human wizards fought along with their dwarf and gnome allies to defend the Forge of Spells. Over the course of a ten-day a mighty battle ensued taking the lives of almost all involved. The spell battle raged between the opposing wizards eventually lead to the destruction of the cave and its entrance. The location of Wave Echo Cave was lost.
Two hundred years ago the first tomes mentioning Wave Echo Cave surfaced in the Mage University's library in Neverwinter. Soon, the rumors spread and opportunists, lured by the promise of wealth and riches (magical and not) searched the hills around Phandalin for the entrance to the cave. The search continued for a century with no progress.

mips42

Adventurer
You all have spent the last four months or so working for a Dwarven patron by the name of Gundren Rockseeker. He's a miner, farrier of goods and a bit of an entrepreneur. During this time he's asked you to run errands, gather goods, even sent you out on one of his ships to the Shattered Isles. It's been a good job but, over the last week or two, you've hardly seen him. Also, yesterday when you did see him again, he asked you to meet him in his office this morning and to 'keep it close to your breast', which is not normal.

[sblock]
Brachnuss played by Mudbunny
Caelynn Played by Superzero
Eddicus played by Tuxgeo
Garret played by PierceSG
Vottr played by Gamedoc
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GameDoc

Explorer
Vottr lumbers down the streets of Neverwinter, his great steel-headed maul resting over his shoulder and the long braids of his beard swaying as he goes. He nods a friendly greeting to two Mintran mercenaries he meets, but as they pass out of view, the dwarf curses under his breath silently. "... Neverember's lapdogs. Man oughtta be run out o' town on a battering ram...".

His sour mood brightens as at last he comes to his destination, the office of his uncle: Gundren Rockseeker. Seeing no one about, he plops down on the curb to wait for his uncle.

Last edited:

PierceSG

First Post
"Curses, nothing of value at all in 'ere. I wonder if I would get paid in the end or not...", as Garret curses silently in his heart while searching for valuables inside Gundren's office. Suddenly, Garret perks his ears up. He hears some one grumbling in the distance, must be a dwarf. Perhaps it is the nephew of Gundren. "This isn't good, I have to get out of here fast."

Garret climbs out of the back window, where he came in from, as silently as possible and close it behind him before making a big roundabout before walking towards the office from the front.

"Hi there, name's Garret. Might you be Mr. Rockseeker's nephew? I'm here to see Mr. Rockseeker by his request.", said Garret as he lowers his hood.

GameDoc

Explorer
"Aye. Vottr Rockseeker, and well met." Vottr looks the halfling up and down. "Uncle's not in yet. Should be around soon, I reckon. Ye worked for him long?"

SuperZero

First Post
Caelynn Amastacia

Cae was apprehensive as she approached Rockseeker's office. The whole thing was very odd, and she'd thought it best to be ready for everything--she'd packed gear last night and brought the backpack with her, and had made sure to prepare the defensive magic she knew. She had her focus crystal on hand.

"Vottr," she said, nodding politely at the dwarf as she saw him. She didn't see a need for disrupting his conversation more than that.

Last edited:

GameDoc

Explorer
Vottr glances over at Cae briefly and winks. "Mornin', elfie." He slaps a meaty hand at the boards next to where his massive pack rests, indicating Cae can drop her own beside it to unburden herself as they wait. Of note, a shovel and miner's pick are strapped the the back, with a bucket tied on as well.

"Looks like Uncle Gundren hired on another hand," says Vottr, nodding at Garret. "He was just about to tell me how he wound up with our lot."

mips42

Adventurer
After a few minutes, you see Gundren come stumping hurriedly up the street, still wiping his face from a quick breakfast. 'Ah! So good to see you again, Vottr. You, Caelynn and Garret should come inside. Hopefully the others will be here soon, for I have... news.'

PierceSG

First Post
After a few minutes, you see Gundren come stumping hurriedly up the street, still wiping his face from a quick breakfast. 'Ah! So good to see you again, Vottr. You, Caelynn and Garret should come inside. Hopefully the others will be here soon, for I have... news.'

After hearing what Gundren said, Garret followed Vottr into Gundren's office.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases