MiPS Lost Mine [IC]

PierceSG

First Post
Vottr stares suspiciously at the halfling for a brief second. "At a tradin' post in Phandalin. You'll have to ride along with us and make yerself useful to get yer share." He looks Garret over with a soldier's eye and sees little in the way of a warrior. "You any good with a bow or crossbow? Might be you can ride #####* while I drive."

(* OOC - I gave no idea what the equivalent medieval term for riding shotgun would be, but that's what Vottr uses.)

"Oh...okay.", replied Garret after hearing Vottr. "And yeah, I'm pretty confident of my skills with the shortbow.", as Garret unsling the shortbow and held it out in his hands.

"Well, let's get paid then!", hurries Garret with his eyes sparkling.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
With that, Gundren stands again and . . . stops and turns back to you and states 'I don't suppose I have to tell you to keep this to yourselves but, do do that.' and then walks out the door.

"Thank you for the map and the directions," Eddicus observes sarcastically to the empty air. "Does anyone still in this room know how far Phandalin is from here? If you do, would you say?"

Getting no response to this he adds, "I guess I'll spend the rest of my money on extra rations, then. . . ."

He looks amusedly at Vottr and comments, "They probably already have a driver hired for this job. My guess is that our task is to defend the cart, not to drive it. . . . Not that I'm doubting you could, 'khazad kabr.'" *

The next morning, Eddicus is at the south gate and ready to set out, having spent his last 3 gold pieces on 6 days' rations the day before. (He has already added those to his pack load.) When they're ready to start, he squares his quiver of darts at his waist and comments: "I'm well enough armored to march in the point. Shall we let our caster take up the rear?"

(* = Right? Or whatever the actual Dwarvish phrase is for "good dwarf.")

Edit add: "Riding Guard" might be a useful phrase.

Last edited:

mudbunny

Community Supporter
[ooc - Sorry for the delay, real life got real busy for a while. All good to go now.]

Brachnuss handles the oxen with a deft touch, as would be expected from someone who has spent most of his life either as manual labour or transporting goods.

"Whoa there boys. Talking gently, to himself or the oxen isn't clear, Brachnuss looks around as he directs the wagon to the side of the road. Now, according to master dwarf, I am supposed to look for another dwarf, who should be in the company of a halfling, an elf, and another human.

Ahh, there they are!!
he says as his eyes alight upon the group.

Standing up, Brachnuss speaks loudly

Master Rockseeker!! 'Tis I, Brachnuss, I have the goods that we are being asked to transport.

GameDoc

Explorer
Vottr nods at the newcomer and extends his hand. "Well met, Brachnuss. Thought we were goin' to have to be leavin' without you. You can ferget all this 'Master' business an' just call me Vottr."

[OOC - will let others introduce themselves]

Last edited:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
"Good morning to you, Brachnuss," Eddicus agrees. "My name is Eddicus; and I'm almost even awake this early!"

He smiles at Brachnuss, then steps aside to let the others introduce themselves. While they do that, Eddicus adjusts the strap holding his shield to his left arm, making sure it is properly in place.

PierceSG

First Post
"Garret, nice to meet you all.", introduced Garret as he eyed all of his "comrades" up and down discreetly for valuables on them. "No, I shouldn't do that. I'm supposed to work with them.", thought Garret to himself.

GameDoc

Explorer
Vottr, ever the soldier despite himself, inspects the wagon's contents to make sure everything is stowed in an orderly and secure manner, and takes a mental inventory of the items to see if anything seems amiss. He mutters to himself quietly as he goes. From there her proceeds to his companions, quietly examining their attire and gear.

"Hmmm. Archer... check. Front-rank fighter (guess that'd be me)... check. Wizard... check. Healer... check. Sneak... check."

Last edited:

mips42

Adventurer
The morning has dawned cool but clear with the promise of warmer weather later in the day. The wagon is fairly heavily laden with barrels of crowbars, picks, and mattocks as well as timbers and rations.
The High Road lies ahead with Phandalin several days south and then east along the Triboar trail.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Eddicus says to the others, "If we pass muster, shall we get moving?" Suiting the action to the word, he walks around the oxcart and to the fore, looking back to see whether the others are starting to move as well. "If anybody has any good ideas about marching order, or scouting ahead, or other military stuff, this might be a good time to express it verbally."

Remove ads