MiPS Lost Mine [IC]

mips42

Adventurer
ooc: you see at least 3 places that could be used to ambush by-passers but none of them seem to be hiding any bandits or raiders. As dusk is rapidly approaching, do you want to camp?

tuxgeo

Adventurer
[OOC: It should be several days' march to Phandalin from Neverwinter, but I'm not sure any our characters know that, other than Brachnuss -- who apparently has driven carts and wagons a lot of the time in the past. If Brachnuss wants to tell the rest of the party anything he knows about distances, then I suspect he easily could. Our characters might even converse about such things; we don't have to wait until we're in a ducal court seeking aid before we start discussing things.]

[IC:]
"It's getting dark. Let's pick a good place to set up camp, off the road of course," Eddicus suggests placidly.

Last edited:

mips42

Adventurer
OOC: Yes, about 3-4 days from Neverwinter to Phandalin. So far, you've only been traveling for a day, so you are 1/3 to 1/4 of the way there.

SuperZero

First Post
Caelynn Amastacia

Cae had let Vottr talk about strategy without interruption. He knew that better than she. Possibly.
She did think that, given how long they'd be traveling, all of them would inevitably want to take some turns riding and some walking... but his suggestions were fine as a general rule. And something they should stick to while in more dangerous terrain.
On that subject, as soon as she first spotted a potential ambush the elf had cast a simple abjuration on herself. It seemed better to be safe about such things.

But then darkness started to descend with no sign of trouble. Perhaps she'd been overcautious.
"Yes," she said with a nod when Eddicus suggested making camp, "perhaps it's time for our eventide repast, while there's still light enough for our company's human and halfling members to see. I must confess I'd been prepared for more excitement, although I suppose I shouldn't object that we've been unmolested."

OOC: Sorry, we've had some bad storms here. Been intermittently doing damage control, having no power, and having unreliable internet.

Anyway, Cae casts Mage Armor as soon as they enter the rougher terrain. It has an 8 hour duration, so that should be good.

GameDoc

Explorer
Vottr stairs blankly a Cae for a moment, trying to comprehend what she just said. Finally he gives up and assumes she was agreeing with Eddicus' suggestion to make camp.

"Aye! Let's make camp."

The dwarf looks around for defensible positions in the event of an ambush.

[OOC: DM, let me know if there is an applicable ability or skill check for this].

mips42

Adventurer
You are able to find an area not too far from the road that is mostly level and would be fairly easily defensible if needed.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases