MiPS Lost Mine [IC]

PierceSG

First Post
After the party has settled on the spot for setting up the camp, Garret started to look around him.

OOC: [MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION]. Garret is trying to look for a tree to rest in that has enough foilage that can hide him while not totally obscuring his sight.
If he does find one around the camp, he will climb up the tree and rest there. If he doesn't, he will just set down his bedroll like the others.

mudbunny

Community Supporter
Brachnuss thinks a minute

"This is a good place to stop. If we push hard tomorrow, and the road favours us, we should only be one more night out in the field. This walking has been good. Far too long just doing quick trips here and there from the docks."

With that, Brachnuss slowly, but efficiently, backs the wagon up and unhitches the oxen, setting out feed and water for them after brushing them down and doing a thorough check of their hooves.

SuperZero

First Post
Caelynn Amastacia

Caelynn unrolled her bedroll on a relatively flat surface, although since she didn't sleep she wasn't likely to employ it unless the temperature dropped more than she expected.
Not seeing anything else she needed to do, she gathered some dry sticks and threw them haphazardly into a pile in case the others wanted a fire; she knew how to do it properly, but the ability to light it with magic meant she didn't need to bother.

"My only provisions are some dried food," she said, "so I don't need a cooking fire, myself. Does anyone else?"

tuxgeo

Adventurer
"I brought mostly jerky, trail mix, and fresh fruit," Eddicus explains unnecessarily, "so I wouldn't have to cook. Walking is enough work for one day."

Eddicus finds a fallen branch nearby and rams it into the ground. From his pack, he takes out a torch and lights it, then straps it onto the stick in the ground. "We have light," he offers, "though it won't last long. A lantern would be better." He settles down on a likely-looking spot.

"Who wants first watch? Only two of us can see in the dark, as I understand it." He then takes his meal.

GameDoc

Explorer
"All I got are dry rations meself," Vottr says as he spreads out his own bedroll. "They're tough, but then again so am I. Heh, I once bit the ear of an orc in a street brawl."

SuperZero

First Post
Caelynn Amastacia

Jerky was too salty, and when she had meat Cae preferred a sweet sauce. But that was easily corrected with magic, and she could do the same for the others' food if any of them wished.

"Well, if anyone does want the campfire, just ask. I can use a simple combustion spell to ignite it far more easily than any of you can correctly assemble and light it."

She turned to Eddicus. "As one of the two who can see in the dark, I'll take a shift in the middle of the night. You might know that elves don't sleep, exactly--my understanding is that interrupting your sleep is preferably avoided, correct? So I'll put myself to use and save one of you from that."

OOC: Prestidigitation to flavor food and possibly light the fire, in case that wasn't clear.

PierceSG

First Post
"Everyone knows Halflings are all gourmet! How can I eat some overly salted and badly treated jerky!", thought Garret.

"Ahem. I'll pass on the jerky, I've some rations on me.", said Garret as he took out some home-baked shortcakes and washes them down with a mouthful of honeyed water.

GameDoc

Explorer
"Well, I've met Cae before, but can't say I knowed her all that well," Vottr says as the all settle in. "It's good to know a bit of yer companions."

"You all know Gundren is me uncle. Hadn't seen him or any of me kinfolk in years afore he came to Neverwinter. I did a long stint in a Mintran mercenary company, but the fun wore off eventully. Me mother'd send me letters ever so often to let me know what the family was up to. When Gundren set up shop in Neverwinter, I put in for a transfer to Sabine's company so I could head this way and join him when me commission was up. Can't say I was sorry to leave that life behind. Love me a good fight as much as the next dwarf and expect to be paid, but I'd just a soon it be for a good reason."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases