MiPS Lost Mine [IC]

mips42

Adventurer
After a long day of traveling, it feels good to stretch and work out the kinks from the rough road. The night is cool and mostly clear with the stars and pale moon to keep you company.
The night passes slowly, but uneventfully, save for a few dreams of faceless bandits and a sort-of creeping feeling of something scaly watching you.
The morning dawns cloudy and cooler even than the day previous, threatening rain before the day is over.
After brief meal, you are on the road again.
Just past mid-day, you reach the turnoff for the Tribor Trail. If The High Road was sketchy, the Tribor trail looks even more so.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
[OOC: No way can I fit this in to Eddicus' patter, so here goes: Watch out for Dread setariP: "Tribor" is "robirT" spelled backward!]

As the party leaves the High Road and starts onto the trail, Eddicus comments to Vottr: "In connection with your self-introduction last night, I didn't have much of consequence to add, but I guess I should say this anyway: I'm basically fresh out of seminary school, so I have little or nothing in the way of rank in our church hierarchy. The clerics who run the temples of Oghma tend to have far more experience, learning, and probably even wisdom than I have. My adventuring is a substitute for boring library work."

SuperZero

First Post
Caelynn Amastacia

Cae nodded. "While I've certainly nothing against library work, at some point one needs actual practical experience to master one's lessons."
She frowned at the sketchy surroundings, then raised her focus crystal and muttered a few syllables, repeating her abjuration of the day before. "And on that subject... Best to be prepared for an altercation, I think."

OOC: Casting mage armor again.

GameDoc

Explorer
"You said it true, elfie."

Vottr straightens his helm, cranes is neck from side to side to stretch it, and swings Meduna in a couple of wide arcs to loosen his arms.

"I'll take point. Keep them bows handy back there, lads. Lessen one of ye wants to sneak ahead and scout it out."

He then scans ahead for signs of likely ambush. [Though it's not likely to help**]

**Wisdom (Perception) (1d20+3=6)

PierceSG

First Post
"You said it true, elfie."

Vottr straightens his helm, cranes is neck from side to side to stretch it, and swings Meduna in a couple of wide arcs to loosen his arms.

"I'll take point. Keep them bows handy back there, lads. Lessen one of ye wants to sneak ahead and scout it out."

He then scans ahead for signs of likely ambush. [Though it's not likely to help**]

**Wisdom (Perception) (1d20+3=6)

"Well. time to earn my keep.", Garret pulls down his hood and crept into the shadow with his short bow in hand.

OOC: @mips42. How well did I fare in doing sneaky things? :D
Also, just for your information, Garret has a +7 to Stealth.

Last edited:

mips42

Adventurer
"Well. time to earn my keep.", Garret pulls down his hood and crept into the shadow with his short bow in hand.

OOC: @mips42. How well did I fare in doing sneaky things? :D
Also, just for your information, Garret has a +7 to Stealth.
With only the slightest of noises, Garrett slips into the brush and trees.

OOC: As for rolls, you did exactly average so, overall, you did pretty well 1d20+7=17

mips42

Adventurer
About an hour after turning onto the Triboar trail, the promise of rain is fulfilled and a light mist begins to fall around you, followed shortly by a soaking downpour. The rain falls hard, making vision difficult, hearing almost as bad and turns the hard-pack trail into a slippery surface of wet, sucking mud.
It looks as though this might last at least an hour, maybe more.

GameDoc

Explorer
Vottr: "Clangeddin's beard! Maybe we should pull off to the side 'till this dang storm passes. Last thing we need is a wagon wheel stuck in the mud."

tuxgeo

Adventurer
"I heartily agree," Eddicus concurs. "What do you say, Brachnuss? Caelynn?" He looks around. "Ought we call out loudly enough to ask the sneak? Any observers might not yet know he's there -- but would if we yell."

PierceSG

First Post
Garret appears seemingly out of nowhere behind Eddicus. "You ought to be more discreet in a place like this. Ah well, nevermind that. Come on, need me to help haul the wagon to the side of the road?", said Garret as he flexes his non-existent biceps.

Remove ads