MiPS Lost Mine [IC]

GameDoc

Explorer
Vottr slings on his pack and rests Meduna over his shoulder. "Let's get to it then! Are we proceedin' with caution or at a good pace?"

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Eddicus replies to Vottr with a smirk, "If you can get a 'good pace' out of these oxen, burdened as they are by a wagon, I would love to see it. We'll keep our guard up as we go -- however slowly the oxen go. Right?"

mips42

Adventurer
The trail is soft but manageable and you are able to get the oxen to a decent speed by sticking to the side of the Triboar Trail where the vegetation keeps the soil more solid.
Around noon, about a hundred feet ahead of you, you see something blocking the road. As the cart draws nearer, you are able to tell that they are horses. The stench of death is strong.

Garrett: [sblock] You're reasonably sure that you've seen something in the trees on the south side of the trail but haven't been able to get a good look.[/sblock]

SuperZero

First Post
Caelynn Amastacia

Cae's first thought was to leave the wagon where it was while they investigated. Her second thought was that it might be a trap from someone who would try to steal it while they were doing that.
In any case, she worked the same protective spell she'd cast several times now as she scanned the roadblock.
"Someone should take a closer look at that," she said, although she didn't move herself beyond coming forward to stand level with the oxen.

OOC: Mage armor
Perception 16

PierceSG

First Post
The trail is soft but manageable and you are able to get the oxen to a decent speed by sticking to the side of the Triboar Trail where the vegetation keeps the soil more solid.
Around noon, about a hundred feet ahead of you, you see something blocking the road. As the cart draws nearer, you are able to tell that they are horses. The stench of death is strong.

Garrett: [sblock] You're reasonably sure that you've seen something in the trees on the south side of the trail but haven't been able to get a good look.[/sblock]

"Hold your horse. Erm..I mean, oxen. I think I've spotted something in the foilage to the south of us, behind the trees. Not sure what it is though but it will do us good if we be caution.", Garret whispered, but loud enough for the party to hear while still kept himself hidden under the cloth with his shortbow readied.

OOC: @mips42 Could I have a roll to check if I have kept myself hidden? :)

tuxgeo

Adventurer
"I'm with you," Eddicus calls. He strides forward to catch up with Vottr. As though trying to give an impression of cluelessness, he comments a little too loudly, "Are those Death Horses? There mought be necromancy afoot!" He walks near the north side of the trail, keeping his shield between himself and the foliage on that side. (He leaves his right hand free in case of distant assailants, because the sacred flame cantrip has a range of 60 feet, whereas his darts are at their best within 20 feet.)

GameDoc

Explorer
Vottr rests his maul back over one shoulder and slowly draws a handaxe from his belt with he free hand.

"Death Horses...? Do ya mean dead horses?" He says loudly. "Maybe they're fresh enough to butcher up with me axe here. You ever et horse meat before? Pretty tasty. Just what is a Death Horse anyway, Ed?"

He keeps an age on the spot Garrett mentioned as they advance carefully.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases