[PbP] The Heroes of Silleria

garyh

First Post
"I've no questions," replied Grimbard. "It will be an honor to reclaim the work of my forebearers from the goblinoid scum squating there."

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Oren raises a hand -- two loose fingers, more aptly, but to the same point.

"Ah, yes, I could use some clarification..."

He clenches his brow:

"When you say 'remove them,' I hope you don't expect us to go and kill the little things. That seems rather brutal. I mean, any method we please, that would include, say, paying them to go find some other place to live? And in that case, could we not get an advance on our payment? I mean, what are their standards of living? Surely a thousand gold would be enough to buy off a tribe of goblins... Which leaves fifteen-hundreed apiece for us, a pretty sum to account for the risks involved in making them the offer. A good deal all around, I say."

He looks around the table for approval:

"Am I not right?"

Jemal

Adventurer
Michelle reaches out her hand and traces a finger along the designs on the amulet before clasping it into place around her neck. "I'll keep this safe, and call you when we're ready." She looks over at Oren and shakes her head, standing to address him. "do you really think those evil beasts would take a payment to leave? Think of this. We go in, offer them money. First, they now know where we are, so we loose the element of surprise. Second, they know we have money. Third they know we fear them enough that we'ld rather PAY them than FIGHT them. Finally, they just try to kill us and take the money anyways!" She hmmfs and sits back down "Naive men."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Norynth looked up, a barely contained rage on his face, calming he stood and reached to his belt pouch. Pulling forth a bag, he unties it and dumps it's contents on the table. Near three dozen teeth, hooked and fanged lie there, some very fresh yet...'You are wrong about Goblins, my newfound friend.'
Norynth gestures at the teeth These I took from those i have killed, Goblins all...this may seem brutal, even barbaric to some more 'civilized' among you. I will tell you, though, the things I have seen them do, witnessed done at their hands, by their Kin...Nothing but Death shall come to any Goblin from me or my Dogs, for that is all they deserve. Nornth pulls a corded thong from under his shirt, from this was hung a single black tooth, twice as long as the others. 'This I took from the Hobgoblin that murdered my Father, and others of my Kin. I have dedicated my career as a Hunter to defeating the Maggot-Spawn, and no Goblin will live that I can Kill, or that Gert and Titus can run down, and that's a Promise. I will take your Commision, Sir.' What say you Gert!?! Titus? Goblins for dinner in a fortnight, Aye!?!' Titus began barking and jumping in circles, excited by the prospect of Goblins for dinner. Gertrude stood, snarling for a second, before returning to her spot in front of the Hearth. Norynth smiled, he thought it better not to have mentioned what he would do once they had killed the Goblins,but then decided that truthfulness was the better route; a Dog had to eat, after all...

Last edited:

MerakSpielman

First Post
Idlespear listens to the debate with interest. He addresses Oren

"Well, I did say by any means. While bribery might not be effective, as the others have pointed out, an impressive enough display of force, or a clever enough bluff, might frighten them into fleeing."

He thinks for a moment.

"Or it might not. Goblinoids aren't really that stupid you know. That's how most adventurers underestimate them. Realize Oren that your contribution to the team effort might not be in the area of combat. There are always some less straight-forward tasks that come up needing doing. Just hold your own until you find a situation to let your talents really shine.

Anything else?"

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Norynth addresses Idlespear again,'Is there an advance, Sir, for equipment and what not. If we are entering a Goblin-infested Catle, I'd just as soon have an extra quiver and some lanterns and what-not.As well, I have not heard Ye address what treasure and such we do find therein. Does it all belong to The Crown, or is it assumed that some of the Goblin's Loot has come from another source, and is thus ours for the 'rescueing'? Norynth grins at this point, ans little Titus licks his face and then jumos off of his lap, to go sniff the old Tom Cat that had just walked into the Gryphin.

Last edited:

MerakSpielman

First Post
The Baron looks a little irked.

"Well, my wife spent most of my available cash yesterday buying jewelry in the market."

He peers into his purse.

"I can forward you enough for some basic equipment, but not much else."

He pulls out some platinum coins and hands them to you.

"As far as any valuables you find in the Keep, you can have them. The evacuees were supposed to take anything of value with them when they left. Consider anything you find to be spoils of war."

You each get five platinum pieces.

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Noynth laughs heartliy 'Took all yer money did she!?! Ha, it seems that women are all cut from the same cloth, be they Noble or Commoner.No offense to the Ladies present.' Nory looks at Michelle with a slightly sheepish grin, hoping she didn't infer what he really meant, which was pretty much what he said. :D
Norynth takes the 5 PP.
'Well, when I have Platinum as pocket-cash, then I'll be acounted a Rich man, and such a Kennel I'll build,!'

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Hearing the ill words spoke of goblins, Oren grins.

"I'll trust your words, and in that case, I suppose we've found something we can agree upon."

As the platinum is passed, he carefully stacks his, and tucks them in a pocket beneath his vest.

"Money well spent, I assure you. Tell me, do any of you know of a decent armoury in this city? If we're going face to face with these apparently dishonorable creatures, I'd like a little something to keep them away from the space between my ribs."

Remove ads