(OT) My aunt died today

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
She didn't live to be very old (~55) and it was neither disease nor an accident that ended her life.

Instead, her passing away today probably was the culmination of years of grief.

[backstory]
Her beloved husband, with whom she had been married for a long, long time, passed some years ago when, as the result of a long illness, he was scheduled to have an arm amputated (which would have been the third or fourth limb he lost).
My aunt cared for him during all this time and in the end he died before her eyes.

A few short but painful years later, she somehow again found love with a very nice man around her age (I think).
For a while, she was happy again.
But it wasn't to last. One day, when they were shopping, she went to buy something for a few minutes while her beloved remained in the car. When she returned, she found him - dead (heart attack or something like that).
Apparently, he had constantly overexerted himself, working hard all day and spending time with my aunt and/or his friends in the evening, carousing and eating steak (he was a restaurant owner). Alas, being a very proud man, he never admitted to having health problems - not even to himself. And the added stress from the - back then very real - possibility of a war in his native country (he wasn't an Austrian, but instead had come here from Montenegro, BTW) certainly didn't make it easier for him.
[/backstory]

My mother is very sad now; the woman who died today was the sibling of hers she was closest to. :(

As for myself.... I loved my aunt very, very much and this is just... Well... :( :( :(

Combined with my own health problems over the last couple months, I've hit rock bottom now.

- Florian Schulz a.k.a. "Darkness"

Talath

Explorer
I'm so sorry man ... I hope you cope through this time. Cheer up. As time passes, it will heal your wounds.

Not exactly the words you want to hear right now, but it is an encouraging thought.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases