[Arabian Nights] Tale of the Redeemable and the Unredeemed

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I missed this because I can only see threads with 'Dungeons & Dragons' tags next to them, to my great loss.

I've been reading over the Fate rules and they look great, but more than that I really like the flavor and depth you're looking for here - it's in my wheelhouse, up my alley, rocks my boat, etc.

Are you still looking for players? I think I can have a character & concept together in the next few days for your review.

And hell yes, I'm pretty sure they would be happy to have another character! Well, I guess Quickleaf should answer that. lol I just know you're a really good player to have on a team :)

Quickleaf

Legend
So, Quickleaf - you still alive? :)

Hey Shadow! Yes, I am in fact. :) Been swamped by architecture school and some health issues but hanging in there. Have even been running a pirate-themed D&D game on these boards.

How are you doing?

I was thinking that maybe [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION]'s and [MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION]' lack of familiarity with FATE made it hard to start up this game again? Not sure. But we should look at picking it up again!

Fenris

Adventurer
I was just thinking about this game actually. And yes the lack of familiarity has definitely slowed us down. We both love the idea and setting. We are traveling until next Thursday, and while we will have sporadic access, not enough to get rolling here, But once we get back I think we could get rolling.

Quickleaf

Legend
I was just thinking about this game actually. And yes the lack of familiarity has definitely slowed us down. We both love the idea and setting. We are traveling until next Thursday, and while we will have sporadic access, not enough to get rolling here, But once we get back I think we could get rolling.
Enjoy your vacation! We all can chat about it when you guys get back. I like FATE cause it's rules light but I am not fixated on using that system, could certainly try it with D&D, after all the original game Shadow played in used True20 with some modifications. We can pow-wow more about it.

I'm willing to use True20 if people are more comfortable with it. I just find FATE much more congenial these days, as so many things other systems would try to quantify can be rolled up elegantly into aspects.

Unsung

First Post
If this gets up and running again, I'd be interested. By the time I noticed this thread, it had already been dormant for a while. But I'm a big fan of FATE and games like it.

The only problem with running the system for first-timers, I think, is that the dice can be hard to visualize if you haven't played with them before. Does the [ roll ] code on ENWorld support Fudge dice at all? I've seen it turn up on other sites.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
We're back! And most definitely interested. We've got the back stories mostly figured out so we just have to get the characters on paper.

Remove ads