"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." - Season 2

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm wary. It went from poor to average last season. The average was in such stark contrast to the poor, though, that everybody seemed to exhibit Stockholm Syndrome and start lauding the last few episodes as something special when all it did was stop beating them and start doing basic character/plot stuff you'd consider fairly pedestrian in any other show.

So, we'll see. I'll be giving it a chance.

I believe that for the most part, the writers where restrained from doing to much interesting because the plot was tied into the movies, and they had to wait to get permission to move forwards. But now they might not be constrained so, and have allot more room in general to work with as SHIELD is not an omnipresent all powerful organization leaving more room for to grow separately from the movie plots.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I believe that for the most part, the writers where restrained from doing to much interesting because the plot was tied into the movies, and they had to wait to get permission to move forwards. But now they might not be constrained so, and have allot more room in general to work with as SHIELD is not an omnipresent all powerful organization leaving more room for to grow separately from the movie plots.

If the writers can't write good it's for a large organisation, maybe the should hire better writers?

S1 was pretty bad. The last few episodes reached acceptable TV show level, but weren't anything special.

Crothian

First Post
Fair enough. My standard is higher than simply not being crap, but YMMV.

For a show like this that I want to like it depends on what else is on at that time slot. I record everything on the DVR these days so if there is no big conflicts I'll record it and then watch it later. Unless it is one of a few shows that really have my interest which AoS is not when I do watch it I'm also doing something else like cooking. So, it is not block of an hour of time and make sure I am watching it when it is first aired kind of a show but I'll watch it when I want something on to entertain me while I'm doing something else.

If the writers can't write good it's for a large organisation, maybe the should hire better writers?

S1 was pretty bad. The last few episodes reached acceptable TV show level, but weren't anything special.
If you hang a millstone around their necks, then you shouldn't be surprised if it affects their performance.

Remove ads