Doctor Who s8e4: "Listen"; best ep of the year so far!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Absolutely loved it! It left stuff unanswered - we never did find out who was under the sheet or who opened the airlock - but it was creepy and clever.

Is Time Lord as a qualification new? I always thought it was a race. Maybe I'm forgetting stuff.

Capaldi's best performance yet. He's starting to settle in.

Why was Clara so secretive abut Danny? He was clearly relevant to the mystery, but she pretended she didn't know of him, even to the Doctor. Why?

Doctor and chalk/blackboard again. This is a thing with him.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
One thought. Gallifrey is currently inaccessible, even to a TARDIS. That barn therefore was not on Gallifrey, since Clara flew the TARDIS there.

I assumed the barn was on Gallifrey in the 50th anniversary episode. But clearly it's not. But that raises a other fact: the Doctor did not grow up on Gallifrey.

That's new. And interesting.

One thought. Gallifrey is currently inaccessible, even to a TARDIS. That barn therefore was not on Gallifrey, since Clara flew the TARDIS there.

I assumed the barn was on Gallifrey in the 50th anniversary episode. But clearly it's not. But that raises a other fact: the Doctor did not grow up on Gallifrey.

That's new. And interesting.

I caught that, too. I was wondering how she was able to get the TARDIS to Gallifrey if it was inaccessible. Your explanation makes perfect sense.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yikes. Ratings are dropping. Just 4.8 million on the overnights. That's getting dangerously low. Makes me worry for the future of the show.

Yikes. Ratings are dropping. Just 4.8 million on the overnights. That's getting dangerously low. Makes me worry for the future of the show.

Worries me too. Not surprising with the weak first 3 episodes, but if the next episodes are as good as last night's, I think the ratings will pick pack up.

Is that just the UK numbers or world wide?

EDIT: Also the whole not supposed to go to the end of the universe seems to be more of a guide line than an actual rule.....The Tardis has gone twice based on just Nu-Who episodes

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases