What feats are "missing"?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
OK, missing is the wrong word. However, to help those who want to try their hands a designing a feat or two, what feats (concept-wise) do you feel are missing, if any?

Paraxis

Explorer
I would like some more feats useful to primary spellcaster classes.

I would also love it if someone came up with 4e style multiclass feats for those that don't like the 3e style system 5th uses.

A feat for crossbow users that are not hand crossbow users. A feat that gives/improves animal companions. A feat that improves the aid another action (for characters where it doesn't usually make sense to be a primary combatant, conceptually, I.e. Tolkien style hobbits

A lot of the things that were listed as Feats in previous editions are now integrated into relevant Class abilities. If you wanted to have a useful Feat, it would be to pinch a single Class ability off another Class. Not sure if that is there somehow - haven't got the book in front of me.

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
With Mage Initiate and Martial Adept, I was a little surprised there wasn't a rogue oriented version.

rough draft:

GUILD ENFORCER
You are skilled at striking unwary or distracted opponents. You gain the following benefits:
  • If you already have sneak attack as an ability, you gain an extra die when you use sneak attack, otherwise, you gain the sneak attack ability and do d6 damage in addition to your normal weapon damage when your target is unaware of you or in mêlée with another enemy (see Sneak Attack on page 27 of the Basic Game for a description).
  • You can take a bonus action to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action. Once you use this action, you may not use it again until you complete a short or long rest.

I'd tweak the language to be more exact. And I'd want feedback on balance. But that's my first take. An extra sneak attack die all of the time might be too powerful, but one sneak attack die every short or long rest seems too weak.

Thaumaturge.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
With Mage Initiate and Martial Adept, I was a little surprised there wasn't a rogue oriented version.

rough draft:

GUILD ENFORCER
You are skilled at striking unwary or distracted opponents. You gain the following benefits:
  • If you already have sneak attack as an ability, you gain an extra die when you use sneak attack, otherwise, you gain the sneak attack ability and do d6 damage in addition to your normal weapon damage when your target is unaware of you or in mêlée with another enemy (see Sneak Attack on page 27 of the Basic Game for a description).
  • You can take a bonus action to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action. Once you use this action, you may not use it again until you complete a short or long rest.

I'd tweak the language to be more exact. And I'd want feedback on balance. But that's my first take. An extra sneak attack die all of the time might be too powerful, but one sneak attack die every short or long rest seems too weak.

Thaumaturge.

You should totally add that to the database! Everything I think of is already done, either as a feat or a class feature. I guess that says good things about the game - I'm not seeing glaring omissions. At least, not yet!

Thank Dog

Banned
Banned
I'd like to see a Dagger Master feat that makes a dagger thrower/dual wielder more viable. More feats for spellcasters definitely. Also more feats with integrated +1 bonuses, especially for Wisdom & Charisma.

I'd like to run a game that was Feats only but to do so there would have to be more +1 ability score feats.

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
You should totally add that to the database!

Good point. Done. :)

Everything I think of is already done, either as a feat or a class feature. I guess that says good things about the game - I'm not seeing glaring omissions. At least, not yet!

The only things I think of are those class abilities that can be teased out to give a hint of a class (like my Guild Enforcer feat). Maybe I'll work up a few more tomorrow.

Thaumaturge.

beej

Explorer
I'd like to see something that'd make spears a good choice for a primary weapon.

I don't know; I like spears. :D Maybe it's because my 3.5 sorcerer had it.

Negflar2099

Explorer
There were feats in the playtest that I wish had stayed in the game. One in particular that I miss was a feat called Arcane Archer that basically replicated the Arcane Archer prestige class. I thought it was a great way to do prestige classes and a really fun feat. I don't know why it was left out of the final version.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases