North Carolina Game Day -- THE AWESOME AFTERMATH!!!!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
!IMPORTANT MINOR SCHEDULE CHANGE!: North Carolina Game Day, March 22

WHAT: North Carolina ENWorld Gameday!!!!!!
WHEN: March 22nd 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM E.S.T
WHERE: North Carolina State University Campus

PLEASE LOOK AT THE POST BELOW THIS ONE FOR AN IMPORTANT (YET RELATIVELY MINOR) SCHEDULE CHANGE

For all the current data on NC Game Day, please refer to Mulkhoran's post below this one.

If you would like to attend, please look at the information near the bottom of his post and then post in the thread about any games you would like to participate in or run.

Thanks and look forward to seeing you in March!

Last edited:

Mulkhoran

First Post
Here is the schedule for the NC Gameday, and the players/GM's list. Directions to the site are at the bottom.

FLASHING WHITE NOTICE OF HAPPY DEATH: Great and terrible tragedy. Schedule for the morning has changed, morning slot games starting at 9:30 and running to 2:30.

Feel free to contact me in the thread or via email at ginguy_2000@yahoo.com. I'll be following the thread closely, every day if possible.

SCHEDULE
9:00AM-9:30AM:
Meet and greet, setup, breakfast, etc..

Walnut Room, 9-10 tables (9AM-9PM)

9:30AM-2:30PM, Table 1:
- Quasqueton - Deathmatch gladiator combat game with DnD 3E core rulebooks. (All day?)

9:30AM-2:30PM, Table 2:
- Henry - D20 modern game, 6 slots, pregen chars.
Confirmed Players:
*Mulkhoran
*Drowdude
*HoppingVampire
*Togamario
*Jeph

9:30AM-2:30PM, Table 3:
- Rel - Return to the Dungeons of the Slave Lords, DnD 3E, Pregen characters.
Confirmed players:
*theRuinedOne
*jenna3
*NCSUCodeMonkey
*Templetroll
*TheDMsGirl

9:30AM-2:30PM, Table 4:
- Dave - Settlers Board Game (2 sessions with breaks, each about 1 1/2 hours.)
*Speaks With Stone
* - others/walk in

2:30PM-3:30PM:
LUNCH! (longer?)

3:30PM - 8:30PM, Table 1:
- theRuinedOne - 'A Brief Respite' 3E Ravenloft Game, 4 slots, pregen characters.
Confirmed players:
*NCSUCodeMonkey
*Jeph
*TheDMsGirl
*lordmcdeath

3:30PM - 8:30PM, Table 2:
- Mulkhoran - The Whispering Woodwind , DnD 3E, 4 slots, 32 points(DMG nonstandard point buy, page 20), splatbooks, 2nd level.
Confirmed Players:
*Drowdude
*Rel
*Speaks With Stone
*jenna3
*Templetroll

8:30PM-9:00PM:
Game overrun time, wind down, cleanup, farewell, so long, good ta see ya, don't be a stranger, wanna get some grub?, summary execution of all those not performing to required standards, distribution of pretty baubles.

Other space available:

Green Room, 3-4 tables (9AM-9PM)
Block 1: 10:00AM-2:00PM
Block 2: 3:00PM - 8:00PM

Brown Room, 4-5 tables (9AM-6PM)
(Possible other games not requiring 5-hour blocks)

Players - Not signed yet
Andy Kitkowski
Cybertalus - Play/D&D, GM/d20 Modern
Draxus the Tainted -
Dawn - Play/DnD
nharwell -
Graf_Ulrich - Play

Directions to the site, courtesy of Jenna3
From I-40 from the East:
Take I-40 to the Gorman St exit. At the bottom of the exit ramp turn toward Raleigh (not tryon). I think it's a Left. Follow this to Avent Ferry Road and turn Right. Follow Avent Ferry Road across Western and it will dump you literally in front of the Student Center. To park, take a Right at the mutilated T intersection and there will be a parking lot on your left down the street.

From the West: Take I-40 to the Wade Avenue exit in Raleigh. Follow Wade Avenue until you reach Faircloth. Take a Right on Faircloth. Turn Left onto Hillsborough Street and follow until you reach campus. Turn Right onto Dan Allen Drive. You go under the overpass and then you'll pass a small parking lot on the left. Take your Next Left (I think it's Cates). Next Light you come to you'll see the Student Center on your Left. To park, follow the road straight across and there is a parking lot on your left down the street.

If you're coming from Raleigh, take the beltline (I440) to Hillsborough street and follow the directions for "from the west".

Last edited:

Gargoyle

Adventurer
I'm in Concord, just north of Charlotte, but I wouldn't mind attending something in Cary. I could run a 3E game if you want. However, it would have to be planned at least a couple of months ahead of time, so I could make arrangements for my kids (and get some projects I'm in the middle of finished).

If there is enough interest on the thread, pick a date, and see who can make it. Sounds like the Fallen Orc would be a logical first place to do it, even if you have enough for the community center. If there are too many people, then you can organize a second event for a fee at a larger place; but I would start small.

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
I'm interested. I'd need to know when, where, and how, but I'm interested for certain. :)

Best,
tKL

Quasqueton

First Post
Wonderful!

Abso-freakin-lutely! I live in Cary and desperately want to find a game group to play with. This would be a great opportunity to meet other gamers and maybe hook up with a group. Count me in.

Where is the Fallen Orc?

I'm willing to help how I can to support this.

Thanks.

Quasqueton

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I'm glad to see all the responses so far.

For anybody interested, Fallen Orc Games is located in the old Kroger shopping center (the Kroger ain't there any more) at the intersection of Kildaire Farm Road and Maynard Road.

Mirth

Explorer
Like Pielorinho/Daniel, I live in the western part of the state (about 15 mins from Asheville). My dad lives in Durham and so does my sister-in-law, so I'm there infrequently. I'd be interested, but it all depends on date and location. I'll keep checking the thread.

Quasqueton

First Post
Thanks for the info on the Fallen Orc. I just went there during lunch to have a look-see. Nice little place -- not a dump hole-in-the-wall like some small, owner-operated game (and comic) stores.

He is a gamer himself, and apparently wants to talk about the game(s). Cool. I will buy all my game book and minis from him. [An added bonus: he doesn't shrink wrap his books; let's you look through them without having to ask permission.]

I bought a pack of minis today.

Quasqueton

Great Idea

I'm a student at NC State (big surprise :D) and I could probably get us free space on campus if I had enough notice. I'm president of the student SCA chapter and can reserve space through our "club."

Definately interested in a game day, it sounds like a lot of fun!

Matt

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases