Deadpool movie announced

Nellisir

Hero
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/09/18/deadpool-movie-ryan-reynolds-x-men-2016/

Feb 12 2016.
I've read that Ryan Reynolds is starring, and that Ryan Reynolds is not confirmed as starring, but I'd bet on yes.
Tim Miller directing; apparently his "feature film debut".

I'm not much of a movie industry buff, but Feb 2016 seems a) like a bit of a ghetto and b) like a fast-tracked movie, so we're probably not looking at X-Men or Avengers level effects; more, well, Deadpool. Clever camera cuts and stuntmen, I guess. We'll see how it all turns out.

Last edited:

Elven

First Post
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/09/18/deadpool-movie-ryan-reynolds-x-men-2016/

Feb 12 2016.
I've read that Ryan Reynolds is starring, and that Ryan Reynolds is not confirmed as starring, but I'd bet on yes.
Tim Miller directing; apparently his "feature film debut".

I'm not much of a movie industry buff, but Feb 2016 seems a) like a bit of a ghetto and b) like a fast -racked movie, so we're probably not looking at X-Men or Avengers level effects; more, well, Deadpool. Clever camera cuts and stuntmen, I guess. We'll see how it all turns out.

Well they have been talking about this on and off for years, and Ryan has even done photo shoots wearing the costume,

While its not impossible, i would put this along with the Magneto, Venom, and Black Widow movies,

There are still sequels to come, then Ant man, Fantastic Four (reboot) and a Doctor Strange movie to say a few

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
There are still sequels to come, then Ant man, Fantastic Four (reboot) and a Doctor Strange movie to say a few

I think you're mixing movie streams, there.

Ant Man and Doctor Strange are held by Marvel, and could/would be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The Fantastic Four, X-men, and Deadpool (since he came initial from the X-lines) movie rights are in the hands of 20th Century Fox.

So, while the FF movie might impact timing of Deadpool, Ant Man and Doc Strange are probably not relevant.

Nellisir

Hero
Ant Man and Doctor Strange are held by Marvel, and could/would be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
The Fantastic Four, X-Men, and Deadpool (since he came initial from the X-lines) movie rights are in the hands of 20th Century Fox.
So, while the FF movie might impact timing of Deadpool, Ant Man and Doc Strange are probably not relevant.

And Venom is Sony (goes with Spider-Man rights).

FF, incidentally, got bumped from June to August (of 2016, I think), so we're looking at two Fox/Marvel movies in 2016, plus Captain America 3 in May and Doctor Strange in July. Amazing Spider-Man 3 might be scheduled for June 2016.

Busy year.

Elven

First Post

The Fantastic Four, X-men, and Deadpool (since he came initial from the X-lines) movie rights are in the hands of 20th Century Fox.

No, that not what i meant, yes i do know that Doctor Strange and Ant Man are part of the on going "Phase" of Marvels current universe (they are all in the same universe)

And that Spider-man Fantastic Four etc are not part of that rolling "phase" of Marvel movies,

My point in fact is that are many, many movies that get planned (people cast and money spent) and it spends time going nowhere,
(in fact Ant-man was one of them, until recently, so was Warcrft)

There are many more Marvel based movies yet to come that have a much greater stable chance of making it to screen,
While other, don't hold your breath, (Magneto, Black Widow etc)

Ryujin

Legend
Looks like they'll be doing it right. In "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" you couldn't even tell that it was supposed to be Deadpool. I mean really! Take the actor who is perfect for the role, with a mouth that never stops. Give him the perfect character, with a mouth that never stops. Then take away his mouth?!!!!!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases