[OOC] Pathfinder: Iron Gods

G

Guest 11456

Iron Gods Adventure Path
OOC: :

Player - Character:
perrinmiller - human gunslinger (pistolero)
Graybeard - human oracle
Kaodi - human arcanist
CanadienneBacon - ratfolk rogue
Shayuri - android slayer
NPC - human cleric

RG
IC

Last edited by a moderator:

Shayuri

First Post
Aw, no androids? :)

Alrighty, looking at a human gunslinger or perhaps spellslinger...must consider that...with the Against the Technical League campaign trait.

Details to follow shortly!

Kaodi

Hero
If arcanist is unavailable then I guess I will have to consider an alternative, though the general concept of the character I posted in the other thread will still be fine I think. Lawful neutral instead of lawful evil might not be ideal, but hardly a deal-breaker. The high stats though definitely provide for some more options.

grtrtle

First Post
I am interested in this, and would like to offer a human cleric of Erastil, with Robot Slayer as the campaign trait. Will supply background over the weekend.

Hannerdyn

Explorer
Very interested. I'm undecided on class, however, and might wait to see what everyone else does and fill in where needed.

Anyone want to prep in unison? Siblings, friends, associates?

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I originally was going to jump in with @Kaodi and do some kind of Sherlock/Watson investigation team.

What if we were ALL some kind of CSI / Ghost Hunters / research / investigation team?

I might go straight-up Elven or Halfling Rogue if the hybrids are unavailable. Every game I play I want to be a bard, but I'm trying to break that habit... slightly. :3

Alchemists seem interesting but by itself I don't see its possible relevance to the adventure.

Last edited:

Hannerdyn

Explorer
What if we were ALL some kind of CSI / Ghost Hunters / research / investigation team?

Sounds like a cool idea. Technologists, maybe with a church or noble sponsor? I could even see the noble him/herself joining the team or at least providing an emissary or close representative. A bunch of first-level adventurers sounds like it would fall into the 'young noble's folly' category, but we could also be a church's B-team. Even a group of like-minded individuals who are interested in alien artifacts or leveraging the technology of Numeria into their own personal pursuits.

We also have a cleric of Erastil in the party, assuming we all make it in you could also approach a party from a Luddite/anti-tech angle.

Or, maybe that's the thing that would make the cleric unique in the group - a group of researchers who all thirst for technology yet bring someone along who doesn't share their fervor but is extremely skilled at breaking tech when it goes afoul, that would make for an interesting tension.

Shayuri

First Post
My character is definitely not anti-tech.

Going for more of a crazy pyro inventor sort. The kind that would normally be a gnome, but is in fact this time a human. :)

grtrtle

First Post
Casting Wall of Text...

Here's the background I thought of for Aja, the human cleric of Erastil:

Aja’s eyes scanned over the parchment closely, before dropping into the chair with a heavy thud. She had expected a more routine promotion from her apprenticeship, to the regular travel teams to provide for and protect Torch and the surrounding environs against these technical aberrations. If she understood the missive correctly, she has instead been assigned to join a team in investigating the caves below the Torch. Surely this couldn’t be to uncover what may have caused the ceasing of the flame. Shouldn’t such an assignment fall to a more senior, more experience member of the Order?

The Reinfalls were without child, a condition that pained Marla and Kharl Reinfall greatly. They brought their desire for a fuller family before Erastil ceaselessly, and to them Aja was born. To this date, Marla and Kharl maintain Aja was a blessing from Erastil. Aja was offered to the Erastil Order in Torch, for education and guidance. Aja proved a quick and gifted study, learning the clerical ways and winning approval from her teachers. In time, she entered training with one of the travel teams, tasked to care for and safeguard the natural creations against the technical aberrations. As she gained proficiencies in the bodily and spiritual tasks asked of her, she receives the unexpected assignment.

From her many senior mentors, she learned many and often conflicted views about the automatons. There are many who clearly voice their anger that the automatons are the cause of the sufferings in Torch and the greater Numeria. Yet, a few have suggested to her, usually behind closed doors, that it is the men behind the automatons, and not the automatons themselves, that is to blame.

These and other conflicted views warred within Aja as she considered the assignment. What is it the Order requires of her in this assignment? What will she find, and what, if anything, is she tasked with doing with her findings?

---
My thought is that there are likely various teams being formed to investigating the ceasing of the flame, with members joining up for different reasons. Since the Erastil Order has some opinion (and I would venture to guess multiple factions exist within the Order on this issue), they would likely want to have one of their own as part of the team. Because of the maneuverings within the Order, they settled on someone gifted enough to have a chance to succeed, while young enough not to overly bias toward one faction or another (with each hoping to be able to sway her to act in their interest).

PS I assumed from the readings that the first assignment involves going into the caverns beneath Torch, with the town eager to find out what happened to the flame (and how to get it back). If I assumed incorrectly, in a way that makes the background not make sense, please let me know, and I'll adjust accordingly.

Last edited:

Remove ads