[OOC] Pathfinder: Iron Gods

It's very late, and I just got done posting a character for our lawful evil villainy campaign [MENTION=11456]Tailspinner[/MENTION], so I will hop on checking out the entirety of this thread and character creation for this game tomorrow.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I am prepared to submit either the Synthesist or the Pistolero. I have not decided for sure which way to go yet, letting my mind mull them over some more. So perhaps I will wait to see what is on CanadienneBacon's mind, because if he is thinking of something melee oriented then I like the Pistolero idea enough to head down that road.

Leaning melee, maybe Brawler. I made a rather intricate PC last night and right now a knuckle-grinder meatshield sounds appealing. I'll want to have a look at the Iron Gods Player's Guide before I commit to that, though.

About to go read. More later.

Having now read the IGPG as well as the first post in this thread, I now need to confirm whether Android is an allowed race. Is it? I'm guessing no.

Also, is the Advanced Race Guide an approved source? If so, I'm interested in a ratfolk rogue. [MENTION=11456]Tailspinner[/MENTION], please let me know if you're permitting ratfolk. I can't tell from the first post if the books listed are approved or if you've just indicated what acronym you want us to use. Thanks!

G

Guest 11456

Having now read the IGPG as well as the first post in this thread, I now need to confirm whether Android is an allowed race. Is it? I'm guessing no.

Also, is the Advanced Race Guide an approved source? If so, I'm interested in a ratfolk rogue. [MENTION=11456]Tailspinner[/MENTION], please let me know if you're permitting ratfolk. I can't tell from the first post if the books listed are approved or if you've just indicated what acronym you want us to use. Thanks!

While it is an approved source, ratfolk is not an approved race. But, if you wish, ratfolk could be your approved 'feature'.

Twist, Ratfolk Rogue 1

[sblock=Stats]INFORMATION
Player: CanadienneBacon
Race: Ratfolk
Class: Rogue
Level: 1
Alignment: Neutral
Languages: Common
Deity: None
Size: Small
Height: 4' 9"
Weight: 100
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Black
Skin Color: Medium

ABILITIES
Str: 12 +1 (5 points, -2 racial)
Dex: 18 +4 (10 points, +2 racial)
Con: 10 +0 (0 points)
Int: 18 +4 (10 points, +2 racial)
Wis: 14 +2 (5 points)
Cha: 12 +1 (2 points)

COMBAT
HP: 8 [d8, +0 Con]
AC: 18 [10 base, +4 Dex, +3 studded leather, +1 size]
AC Touch: 15 [10 base, +4 Dex, +1 size]
Flatfooted: 14 [10 base, +3 studded leather, +1 size]
Init: +6 [4 Dex, +2 trait]
CMB: +0 [0 BAB, +1 Str, -1 size]
CMD: 14 [10 base, +0 BAB, +1 Str, +4 Dex, -1 size]
Fortitude: +0 [0 base, +0 Con]
Reflex: +6 [2 base, +4 Dex]
Will: +2 [0 base, +2 Wis]
Speed: 20'

WEAPON
Rapier: Attack: +5 [0 BAB, +4 Dex (wpn finesse), +1 size], Damage: 1d4+1, Crit: 18-20/x2, Type: P
Dagger: Attack: +5 [0 BAB, +4 Dex (wpn finesse), +1 size], Damage: 1d3+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Type: P or S
Dagger, Thrown: Attack: +5 [0 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 size], Dmg: 1d3+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Type: P or S, Rng: 10'
Shortbow: Attack: +5 [0 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 size], Damage: 1d4, Crit: x3, Type: P, Range: 60'

ARMOR
Studded Leather: AC: +3, MDB +5, ACP: -1

RACIAL (GM approved non-source feature)
Abilities {ARG}: +2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Str
Size: Small humanoid, ratfolk subtype
Base Speed: 20'
Favored: Rogue
Darkvision {ARG}: 60'
Rodent Empathy {ARG}: +4 racial bonus on Handle Animal checks made to influence rodents
Tinker {ARG}: Ratfolk gain a +2 racial bonus on Craft (alchemy), Perception, and Use Magic Device checks.
Small {ARG}: +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty on combat maneuver checks and to their CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
Swarming {ARG}: Ratfolk are used to living and fighting communally, and are adept at swarming foes for their own gain and their foes' detriment. Up to two ratfolk can share the same square at the same time. If two ratfolk in the same square attack the same foe, they are considered to be flanking that foe as if they were in two opposite squares.
Languages: Common, Undercommon {ARG}, Hallit {IGPG}, Draconic{ARG}, Androffan {IGPG, trait}.

CLASS: Rogue
Armor/Weapons: Proficient with light armor, but not with shields / All simple weapons, plus hand crossbow, rapier, sap, shortbow, and short sword
Sneak Attack: +1d6 damage when target denied Dex to AC or when flanking
Trapfinding: Add 1/2 level to Perception checks to locate traps and to Disable Device

FEATS
Weapon Finesse: Use Dex modifier instead of Str on melee attack rolls made with light weapon or rapier
*Will acquire Technologist feat {IGPG} at 3rd level, if GM approves

TRAITS
Numerian Archaelogist {IGPG}: Gain Androffan as an additional language. When you use a timeworn technological item, roll twice when determining any glitches the item might cause and choose which result to use as your actual result.
Reactionary {APG} - gain a +2 trait bonus on Initiative checks

SKILLS 12 [8 base, +4 Int]
Climb +5 (1 rank, +3 CS, +1 Str)
Diplomacy +5 (1 rank, +3 CS, +1 Cha)
Disable Device +11 (1 rank, +3 CS, +4 Dex, +1 Rogue, +2 mwk tools)
Disguise +5 (1 rank, +3 CS, +1 Cha)
Escape Artist +8 (1 rank, +3 CS, +4 Dex)
Handle Animal (rats) +5 (0 ranks, +1 Cha, +4 race)
Knowledge (dungeoneering) +8 (1 rank, +3 CS, +4 Int)
Knowledge (local) +8 (1 rank, +3 CS, +4 Int)
Perception +8 (1 rank, +3 CS, +2 Wis, +2 race)
Sense Motive +6 (1 rank, +3 CS, +2 Wis)
Sleight of Hand +8 (1 rank, +3 CS, +4 Dex)
Stealth +12 (1 rank, +3 CS, +4 Dex, +4 size)
Use Magic Device +10 (1 rank, +3 CS, +4 Int, +2 race)

CARRYING CAPACITY
Light: 43#
Medium: 86#
Heavy: 130#

EQUIPMENT
Explorer's Outfit (0gp, 0#, worn)
Studded leather (25gp, 10# (size small), worn)
Rapier (20gp, 1#, belt)
2 Daggers (4gp, 1#, armband)
Shortbow (30gp, 1#, shoulder)
20 Arrows (1gp, 1.5#, shoulder)
Backpack (2gp, 1#, back)
Masterwork thieves' tools (100 gp, 2#, backpack)
Rope, silk, 50' (10gp, 5#, backpack)
Grappling hook (1gp, 4#, backpack)
Common Survival Kit {UE} (5gp, 4#, backpack)
Total (198gp spent, 30.5#, light)

FINANCES: 42gp[/sblock]

[sblock=Appearance]Twist is a small male with a petite build. Larger than a halfling, about the height of a dwarf, Twist has short legs, a long slender torso, slim shoulders, and wiry forearms. His eyes are black and beady, seeing everything. Scraggly tufts of unkept whisker-like dark facial hair dot Twist's cheeks and chin. Twist's mouth and nose, which works overtime, very nearly resemble those of a rodent. Despite Twist's unappealing physical attributes, the young man comports himself quietly, with a marked curiosity about his person. A ready smile doesn't meet his eyes, however.[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]Twist is ratfolk, and as a member of ratfolk society is fluent in life both above and beneath the city of Torch. Slow to trust and twitchy, Twist uses a disguise when venturing aboveground into Torch or when conducting business with races other than ratfolk. Once Twist's trust is gained, however, he is a loyal friend for life.

Twist is concerned for Khonnir Baine, a wizard archaeologist interested in the intricate ruins beneath Torch. Twist met Khonnir three years ago, when Twist was a twelve-year-old ratling climbing sewer tunnels. Khonnir, who had a badly wrenched knee after stumbling on a loose sewer brick, tempted Twist with a "shiny," a tangled bit of metal warped into a wristband. Twist, always fascinated by shiny things, was unable to resist the tidbit, and agreed to help Khonnir in exchange for the metal wristband. Since then, the two have struck up a friendship. Twist occasionally brings Khonnir "shiny" bits from the sewers, and Khonnir gives Twist advice on where to look for new objects. In a way, Twist has become Khonnir's scout.

Khonnir is missing, however, and has been for a week. Twist hadn't realized Khonnir was absent until just this morning, when Twist brought a bit of what looks like it might be a copper coil to Khonnir. With Khonnir gone, Twist has no one to buy the shiny bits Twist finds in the sewers. More than that, however, Twist has realized that he'll sorely miss Khonnir's unassuming friendship if the human wizard does not return. Not many humans give ratfolk the time of day in Torch, making Khonnir a valuable ally. Bent on finding Khonnir, Twist ventures above ground in his best disguise, all with the aim of finding out where on earth the wizard has gone off to.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Twist.jpg
    Twist.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

Hm! I think Zeta and Twist might get along rather well...
I think you're right. Twist would probably be half in love with Deezy, especially since Deezy is all about gadgets and engineering (ooo! shiny!). He might get skittery when Deezy makes things go BOOM, though. Loud noise aren't Twist's favorite.

How old is Deezy?

Shayuri

First Post
Ah that's right! Hee hee.

Well, I've been working with Tailspinner on a different concept that I haven't posted yet while we work out a few questions.

The new character is Zeta, who is not so gonzo... Zeta is an anti-technic league revolutionary, a sort of gunslinger/Zorro type person bedeviling them at every turn.

In terms of game mechanics, Zeta is very similar to Deezy though, so that's all the same. :)

As for how old, Zeta is late teens, like 19 or older...

Personalitywise, I still want to have a hint of that lost youth...not as nutty as Deezy, but still kind of brighter and cheerier than her background would suggest. If I had to make an off the cuff comparison to what's growing in my mind, it would be sort of a somewhat darker, more violent Starfire from the old Teen Titans cartoon. Hee hee.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases