Stars Wars d20 conversion to Next mechanics

redcloud111

Villager
I'm an early 80s D&D guy who just bought the PHB and ordered the MM. I still have B2, my Basic boxed set, some AD&D modules, so great topic. Anyway, I also have the d20 Star Wars material. Really love it, as well. I love Next's simplicity and all the new stuff to make gameplay easier (advantage and disadvantage seems so obvious it's a wonder it took so long to happen). Anyway, playing a Jedi is always fun, and I know my son will want to play this at some point, but SW d20 could use an overhaul. Anyone give this conversion a thought?

fjw70

Adventurer
I thought that I would like to see it. My really like 5e but I am not that familiar with d20 SW so I am not really qualified to do the coversion. I would love to see an official space opera version of 5e (I.e. SW with t he serial numbers filed off).

redcloud111

Villager
Regarding the space opera request, I figure a conversion for SW Saga or D20 Modern will suffice. I am waiting for some intrepid expert to post the best practices for such a conversion.

aramis erak

Legend
I thought that I would like to see it. My really like 5e but I am not that familiar with d20 SW so I am not really qualified to do the coversion. I would love to see an official space opera version of 5e (I.e. SW with the serial numbers filed off).

I think maybe I should mention this to Marc Miller once the licensing terms come out... I've been thinking of how to revise T20 Traveller's Handbook...

fjw70

Adventurer
In d20 SW force powers were skill checks, correct?

How does d20 SW handle armor class? Are PCs expected to wear armor?

How is deflecting and reflecting blaster bolts with a lightsaber handled?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases