Sauron in the Films

Salthanas

First Post
Greetings all

One of my slight gripes about the films so far has been PJ depiction of Sauron. Although its eluded to in the films that Sauron cannot manifest himself in physical form the impression I got from the books was that this was not the case, in fact when Frodo mentions to Gollum about Isildur cutting the ring from his hand Gollum specifically says "Yes, He has only four on the black hand but they are enough".

From the books I always viewed the Eye of Sauron as being the result of Sauron using the palantir to observe what transpires around him and such being his power that those he observed could feel his presence in the form of the eye. When Tokien spoke of the Eye of Morgoth in some of his essays he went on to say that his servants (the orcs in this case) could feel the force of his will whenever he even turned his thought to them and I sort of imagine Saurons Eye as something similar to this only on a lesser scale. I'm curious though as to what anyone else has to say on the matter.

yours Salthanas

King_Stannis

Explorer
Jackson said in the extended DVD commentary that Sauron was a huge problem for them. What do you do when your main villain is not really there? Hence, they can really only use the "Eye" and remain true to the trilogy.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases