Everything D&D Ever - Chapter 1: Temple of the Frog

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Lillily is tired of being toyed with.

"Perhaps now that you have literally kidnapped us to another plane, you will explain what it is we are to do. We were summoned to help here. You have asked us to trust you, which we did. You have given us no indication of what possible use we might be when you have these resources. And now you offer us petty objects?

Ugh.

Tell us what you would have with us, or kill us, or let us go. But stop drawing us further in when you clearly have much more resources at your disposal than you need for whatever task or errand it is that you would send us on."

Shayuri

First Post
"Hardly kidnapped," Kestrel points out mildly as she goes over to the cart to take a look at its contents. "We came here of our own will. They have work for us, and I wouldn't mind seeing what they can offer to help us along in that regard. Lets hear them out at least."

sithramir

First Post
Taranis smiles as the warmth of memories returns to him in this place. A tear falls down go cheek as the weight of them return and the knowledge that they will leave as quickly after this brief encounter.

"My apologies for our groups lack of restraint. We were all called to help in our own ways for this but we have been traveling through the forests and are more agitated at not knowing how we fit into this puzzle and weary from travel. We thank you for any supplies and appreciate pointing us to whomever we need to converse with."
[roll0]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: [MENTION=80003]Brother Dave[/MENTION] and [MENTION=51930]fireinthedust[/MENTION], are you still with us?

Jackdaw sighs heavily, "I don't know what we've done to create such distrust, dear gnome. Unless your loyalties lie firmly with Blackmoor? Regardless, to answer your questions, it is Araushnee's wish that the Temple of the Frog not fall into the hands of Blackmoor or certain among our own people who would use its resources for conquest. Yes, the army you see before you is well provisioned, but we cannot spare troops or magics for this task." He lowers his voice, "Because Araushnee is not certain who she can truly trust among our own people, which, in itself, is a great sorrow. Why do you think it is I, a lowly half-breed, that has brought you here?"

Jackdaw nods at Taranis' words, "I apologize for our seeming lack of manners. The tension of impending battle weighs heavily on our shoulders."

Kestrel finds the wagon to be a well-stocked arms and provisions shipment, obviously attacked by goblins judging by the damage to the wagon, and then later "liberated" by the elves.

The wagon's contents include...

15 suits of leather armor, all of which could be easily adjusted to fit anyone in the party except, unfortunately, the gnome.
2 suits of chain mail, both of which are sized to fit an average human.
15 shields.
15 daggers.
10 handaxes.
10 light crossbows and 100 full cases of 20 bolts each.
15 longswords.
2 heavy crossbows.
150 days worth of rations.
5 barrels of water (enough to last 10 days for 15 troops).
15 backpacks.
15 bedrolls.
15 blankets.
100 candles.
15 healer's kits.
5 hooded lanterns.
15 mess kits.
20 flasks of oil.
2 potions of healing.
8 tents.
15 tinderboxes.
100 torches.
15 waterskins (empty).
1 dragonchess set.
3 three-dragon ante card sets.

In addition, the wagon itself is adorned with a symbol of one of blackmoor's more prominent nobles, Acererak.

OOC: Anyone with proficiency in Arcana or History may make an Intelligence check using one of those skills to determine what they know about Acererak.

Brother Dave

First Post
Bran turns in a full circle, gleefully drinking in every detail of this place and making mental notes for what he has decided will be an epic saga. He also carefully watches several of the denizens, noting facial features, clothing, mannerisms, and especially voices, filing them away for possible use later as a new persona, or perhaps impersonation of a specific individual should the need arise. All the while, though, his mind keeps circling back to the almost primal feelings he experienced when he came through what must have been a gate to another realm.

When presented with the wagons, Bran picks carefully through the supplies. Not knowing the length of their impending journey, he opts to take two extra waterskins, three bolt cases (60 bolts), a matched pair of daggers, an extra blanket, a tent, a hooded lantern, 3 flasks of oil, and a dozen candles. He considers, then pockets one of the healing potions and a couple of healing kits as well. Always best to be prepared... He also replenishes his rations to replace those he consumed on the journey here, and fills all three of his waterskins with fresh water. He briefly considers trying on one of the suits of leather armor, then dismisses it. I think it would hinder my movements too much. Besides, he thinks with a secret smile, my...scales...will protect me as well or better than any leather. And I can always call up my shield.

He finds a quiet, unoccupied corner, then sits down and carefully repacks his backpack, rolling the blanket up inside the bedroll and securely tying it and the tent to the bottom of his pack. He also ties the lantern securely to the outside of the pack alongside the coil of rope. He stands up and dons the pack to test the weight, adjusting straps until the fit is comfortable, then goes back to rejoin the others. "How long do we want to stay here? I wouldn't mind resting for a short while, but I think we should get moving soon. Oh - I spotted a pair of healing draughts in the wagon. I grabbed one of them in case anyone is injured badly enough on our quest to need more than a few bandages. Someone else should take the other one."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Lillily gives up, and pays no attention to Jackdaw. She wanders over to the cart, and role her eyes when she sees what's there.

She grabs two weeks of rations, and two water skins, which she fills. A bedroll, a blanket, a healer's kit, a healing potion, a mess kit.

In spite of these elves, she has undertaken this task, and she will stick to it. Or not, if they continue to be so petty.

"When can we leave this place, and start?"
she asks of no one in particular.

Shayuri

First Post
Kestrel eyes the goods with the practiced eye of someone who knows how to judge weight and bulk versus price something can fetch. Weapons...armor...useless to her. Food, check...she didn't fancy having to forage around in the wild. Summore oil, yep. A few odds and ends like one of those 'mess kits' and a tinderbox. You didn't usually have to worry about stuff like that in a city, but out in the middle of nowhere there was no denying how handy they'd be for someone who's skillset didn't include 'conjuring flame' or 'telekinesis.'

Oh yes, and the other healing potion of course. That was gold in a bottle, right there.

She throws it all in her pack and cinches the thong tightly.

"I'm good to go," she said.

(OOC - Taking: 5 days rations
mess kit
2 flasks of oil
Tinderbox
Healing potion)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
After the group picks through the wagon, Jackdaw replies to Lillily, "Whenever you are ready. The magic we used to get here will deposit you back in the forest, about five miles south of the city. From there, head further south and you should reach the Great Swamp of Mil in about a week. I recommend taking more provisions than you think you'll need. Rumor has it that not many who enter the swamp leave it."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases