Everything D&D Ever - Chapter 1: Temple of the Frog

sithramir

First Post
"How foolish I was to think another Sidhe would just walk into a tavern. My imagination always getting the best of me." Taranis realizes with a shake of his head.

Taranis takes his hand off of his Rapier, not having realized he had put it there hearing the half-elf cleric's outburst and takes a seat.

OOC: I will make an Insight +3 check on the strangers intentions? http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4658986/ (Roll is 18+3 = 21)

Sensing he may have already gotten himself involved and thinking it likely a smart idea to gauge this newcomers intentions he asks "Perhaps we should learn a bit more of you and your plight over an ale? As you now know my name, what it is I should call you? Looking at Bran and Lillily questioningly And your names as well?

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Lillily looks between Bran and the hooded figure, and say eerily, "Oooooooooo...". She then takes a sip of the beer.

fireinthedust

Explorer
OOC: Yay, I speak Elven!

IC:

Xana leans in and looks at the ancient script, adjusting her glasses to hide her eyes from the cleric, and hoping her horns still look like decorations on her hat. Hmm, ancient elven? I'm a... I read a lot of books on this sort of thing. Librarian. What is it you want us to help with? Um, by "us" I mean... well, if there are things like ancient scripts, I'd guess you're looking... to hire adventurers? So, um... what's the adventure?

Brother Dave

First Post
OOC: Wisdom (Insight) (1d20+3=21)

Bran's brow furrowed when he heard the words spoken by the stranger. It sounds...similar...to Elven. Maybe an ancient dialect? He puzzles through the words. Respect and....honor?...to you... Something like that. He bowed his head in acknowledgement.

He then turned to Taranis. "My apologies, I forget my manners." He swept his plumed hat from his head and across his midsection in a deep bow. "Bran...Bran Ravenwood, Itinerant Minstrel and Teller of Tales. At your service." He stood and quirked his mouth in a smile. "And I gather you are...Taranis? I'm afraid I didn't follow all of your greeting to this....being...here. It sounded a little like Elvish, but...not. I couldn't quite place it. But your name seemed clear enough."

He turned to speak directly to the stranger. "You looked right at me when you came in, like you knew me...like you could see..." He shook his head. "No matter." He swept his hand around the table, indicating the entire group standing or sitting there. "If I'm not mistaken, you singled out all of us here at the table with you. Why? Why us? How do you expect us to help you?"

Shayuri

First Post
It was all Kestrel could do not to grit her teeth. So much chatting.

"I only need to know one thing," she said to the strange elf-thing. "Where do I find the Temple of the Frog? Name your price."

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Samara Renae was prepared for this. The creature appeared to be speaking in its demonic tongue, no doubt trying to sway her with honeyed words of fell Charming. On the other hand, if this were truly a person in need of help, would he not turn to a priestess of Saint Cuthbert, and specifically, herself, as her vision indicated?

Samara set her jaw and continued, "Actions speak louder than words, Changeling. Your pernicious influence does not so easily corrupt the purity of my faith. Whomever you serve, surrender yourself or face my cudgel. Once I have ensured that you no longer pose a threat, we may discuss this 'help' which you seek."

mudbunny

Community Supporter
Alara looks around, getting a sense of the room. She walks up next to Samara and speaks softly to her.

I have seen far too many bar brawls start like this, and while it would be fun, I don't think that this is exactly what El...my patron... has in mind. Allow me to take sense of this creature.

OOC: I use Divine sense to determine what type of creature is in front of us.

Divine Sense: The presence of strong evil registers on your sense like a noxious odor, and powerful good rings like heavenly music in your ears. As an action, you can open your awareness to detect such forces. Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend or undead within 60 feet that is not behind total cover. You know the type (celestial, fiend or undead) of any being you sense but not its identity.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Alara senses nothing. Whatever this not-elf person is, they are not celestial, fiend, or undead.

Taranis finds the not-elf inscrutable. Whatever the not-elf has in mind, they aren't giving anything away from their facial expressions except fatigue and a sense of sadness or loss.

In answer to Bran, the not-elf says, "The shadowed one knows my intent by coincidence as it seems her goal is the same as mine. The Temple of the Frog." When Samara speaks, the not-elf stands and holds forth their hands, "You assume evil where there is none. Your sense of good is very well defined by your church. I wonder how well defined it is in your heart. I have no quarrel with you or your church. But your church also has no authority over one such as I. My name is Araushnee, one of the six wives of the leader of the elven nations, Corellon. I lead my people, the Kae'Athan, in the realm of Darkness, just as my sisters lead in the realms of Fire, Air, Water, and Light, far from the concerns of this human place called Blackmoor."

She sits back down, "As for the question of why I singled out each of you...I called to everyone here, subtly, magically. You were the only ones who responded. I did not choose you. You chose yourselves. As to the matter of payment, I do not have gold or gems. I do have a cache of weapons and supplies nearby that I will make available to you if you agree to this journey."

Everyone in the motley group has heard at least a couple of rumors about the Temple of the Frog. Situated in the Dismal Swamp, nearly five weeks ride to the north, the Temple is alternately rumored to be a hideout for cultists or bandits. Some say both. Regardless, no expedition into the swamp to find the Temple has yet been successful. It is also well known that the brewing conflict between Blackmoor and the elves has something to do with the Temple.

OOC: Corellon, Araushnee, Hanali, Sehanine, Aerdrie, Sashelas, and Fenmarel are near-mortal beings similar in power to demon lords and the risen Saints of the Church of the Healing Light. Not quite gods, but not mortal. Elves know them well. Most other races have heard the names in reference to elven leadership, though most assume they are simply mortal rulers similar to Blackmoor's governors, dukes, etc.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases