How Much for a Beholder Eyestalk?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
guedo79 said:
I hadn't thought of selling them by what spell they cast. But after the beholder is dead how do you tell the different stalks apart?

1) Identify spell

2) some special alchemy procedure -- probably one they'd have to go on a quest to find ;)

3) "Well, sonny, Ahve been makin' these here Eyeball Wands fer fifty winters longer'n you've been shiverin' at 'em! An when Ah can tell you what you done brung me is ten cheap Sleep Eyes, that's all Ah intend to pay for!" -- don't bother, just cheat them out of most of the gold :evil-rat-bastard-smirk:

-- Nifft

Zappo

Explorer
Hey, they could very well be keys for some important portal, used by some rich people. This allows you to keep their value under strict control - if the PCs start making too much money out of them, then you can declare that the portal has shifted location to a less interesting place, or that it has closed altogether.

Richards

Legend
As far as telling the eyestalks apart, it's possible that each eye is a slightly different color. One possibility:

Dark blue - sleep
Blue - charm monster
Light Blue - charm person
Greenish-blue - telekinesis
Green - fear
Brown - slow
Dark Brown - inflict moderate wounds
Red - finger of death
Gray - flesh to stone
Violet - disintegrate

Naturally, you can decide how the colors match up for beholders in your own game world.

Johnathan

guedo79

Explorer
Zappo said:
Hey, they could very well be keys for some important portal, used by some rich people. This allows you to keep their value under strict control - if the PCs start making too much money out of them, then you can declare that the portal has shifted location to a less interesting place, or that it has closed altogether.

oooo, I like that. That would leave a lot of high ups with out there gold and the PCs looking very suspicious.

Voadam

Legend
Ooh, one beholder eyestalk is worth at least two mind-flayer tentacles. At least. Unless it is from one of those wussie not quite beholders.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases