D&D 2E 2E Psiconics: Looking for a certain type of powers

raptor112

First Post
I am playing in a retro clone of 2nd edition,& am using the psionics handbook. I’ve taken molecular manipulation &plan on taking molecular rearrangement, molecular agitation as well as create object.I want to be a matter manipulator, & will be using that to explain severalof my psionic powers. Now I want to find more powers that directly manipulatemolecules in a similar manner to those other psychokinetic powers. I used tohave the psionic cards way back when but most of them have been lost. Doesanyone know if they contained any other molecular manipulation powers or isthere any fan made 2nd edition psychokinetic powers that play withmolecules & aren’t broken (I want my DM to say yes to this). I’d greatlyappreciate the help.

thorian

Explorer
If you can get access to the 2E Dark Sun supplement, "The Will and the Way," you can find a few more molecular-type powers:

Kinetic Control
Cryokinesis
Magnetize
Molecular Bonding

There was also a supplement called Dragon Kings which had the power "Compact" (basically compressing matter).

The Complete Net Psionics Handbook had a few as well:

Compression
Density Manipulation
Molecular Dampening
Move Electrons

That is all I can think of right now.

raptor112

First Post
If you can get access to the 2E Dark Sun supplement, "The Will and the Way," you can find a few more molecular-type powers:

Kinetic Control
Cryokinesis
Magnetize
Molecular Bonding

There was also a supplement called Dragon Kings which had the power "Compact" (basically compressing matter).

The Complete Net Psionics Handbook had a few as well:

Compression
Density Manipulation
Molecular Dampening
Move Electrons

That is all I can think of right now.

Thanks, I forgotten most of those powers. If I still had all of my 2E power cards I'd have access to all of the ones that you listed. I know for a fact my DM will say no to Kinetic Control. It had been abused in the past, so its a no but the rest of it might be ok. I just need to find a place to track down those particular cards. Also going to look into that net book. The sad thing is I will most likely be changing my character. I'm not having fun playing the retro-clone of 2E/3E, and apparently my choice in character & character class doesn't fit in according to the DM. So rather then not fit in AND be miserable as well as useless because neither the Retro-clone nor my DM fully updated the 2E Psionic to this merged system. Though there is a PDF for it, it doesn't fix the problems, it just updates the basics, with no fine tuning (Even though all spell caster's spells that require an attack role target a person's touch attack AC, this isn't even mentioned in the PDF, and my DM refuses to fix any more problems with Psionics because he already did it twice with his one monster.)

Remove ads