[OT] Stupid stupid life

Andrea Mayfair

First Post
Why things have the worst timing possible? I´ve always been quite the optimistic girl and I used to think there was a right time for everything! Yeah right!! :( Anybody has had a bad luck streak recently? Or maybe it´s just me that thinks that life is more often than not not worhwhile...

Well, if you want to vent, please feel free to share whatever your problems are.

In my case, this past year has been a very lucky year, but my 11th grade year in High School was horrid. Lost a girlfriend, lost grandparents, had my best friend switch schools and eventually drop out due to drugs and alcohol, realized my brother was a horrible loser who would never do anything productive in his life, and came to the conclusion that the 'experimental, forward-thinking' program at my high school was just going to do the same thing every other high school would do (i.e., suck). Oh, and that was also the year that The Phantom Menace came out. That was a pretty crappy year.

But even during that year, there were still good things. I got to fly on the zero-gravity simulation plane that NASA operates, started an AD&D game that apparently was pretty fun, and eventually found love again (and this time, it has lasted for two years). I'm pretty good, now, and I'm sure you will be too.

MythandLore

First Post
Andrea Mayfair said:
Why things have the worst timing possible? I´ve always been quite the optimistic girl and I used to think there was a right time for everything! Yeah right!! :( Anybody has had a bad luck streak recently? Or maybe it´s just me that thinks that life is more often than not not worhwhile...
Whats happend that's got you so blue?

Andrea Mayfair

First Post
Well, I hope so.But you know how things look like from the bottom. Actually this isn´t so bad,I "just" lost my job, my hopes in life and ....anything else? Oh yes! My boyfriend. Right the day before St Val..

madriel

First Post
Feel free to share what's troubling you.

I know I've had a couple of really crappy runs of bad luck in my life and was very grateful for the friends who helped me through it. Especially the 18 month stretch when five family members and one family pet died, two friends were diagnosed with serious illness and I had problems at work. That really sucked, but it helped to talk about it.

We're here for you.

Andrea Mayfair

First Post
Originally posted by Mythandlore:

"Whats happend that's got you so blue?"

Hello again. Sorry but right now I´m not quite myself...

Usually I am not afraid of life. Whatever happens I can cope with it and I don´t care much about the future. There was always something that kept me going,a feeling that life will be great in the future and if it´s not....well...I ´ll change it!

But now I´ve lost that spark that helped me through all the troubles and when I think about my future.....I´m afraid.Very afraid.

Last edited:

MythandLore

First Post
Andrea Mayfair said:
Originally posted by Mythandlore:

"Whats happend that's got you so blue?"

Hello again. Sorry but right now I´m not quite myself...
I totally understand your not yourself, what happend to you must be really horrible.
I kinda though it was along those lines.
It must have been very tramatic for you, just remeber there will be better days to come if you let it.
You lost your job, I did too once, so what are you going to do now?
Do nothing, give your self a little time to do nothing.
Your boy friend broke up with you, and it hurts, it hurts alot.
Just rember other people care about you, you family and friends.
He didn't deserve you anyway if he did that.
Did he even give you a reason?
Anyway, I hope you feel better soon, you probably wont, but I can hope right? :)
I don't know how long you were together but, I find it takes around half the total time you were together (maybe plus more) to get over the person.
You just have to go on, eat some ice cream or have some hot chocolate.
Spend some time with your family and friends, they can help you.
Watch some movies, just do something totally unimportant to take your mind off of this stuff.

madriel

First Post
I second Myth's advice. It's hard to cope when everything seems to be falling apart at once. Take a little time to pamper yourself and let your friends and family know you need them.

Cold Beer

First Post
Yeah, I know how you feel.

I've had a streak of bad luck for about 4 years.
Dropped out of College.
Lost girlfriend.
I quit my job.
Unemployment.
No social life.
Knee deep in debt.
No home of my own.
Bad role playing sessions.
(not nessisarily in that order)

Yeah, life sucked for a while there. Not to mention the nastier things that happened before that, too!

But six months ago I found a great new job
Got a great new gaming group and new friends.
Started back in school.
Paid off some debts.
Things are looking a lot better.

My point is, don't let life get you down. It will get better, it might get worse first, but it will get better eventually. Sometimes you just have to make your own luck.

Trust me, I've been there...

Remove ads