D&D 5E The Fifth City - Episode 1: The Gathering

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Amisi, Lenya, and Rhal all realize that Dell Varner, the fifth passenger on the skiff, slipped away, completely unnoticed, during the confrontation with the dock workers. He is nowhere to be seen.

The city now beckons.

The group stands at the north docks. Directly south is the Green District, featuring a central park/garden where the city grows its own food. The central garden is surrounded on all sides by a multi-level array of shops, restaurants, taverns, inns, merchants, and more. The Red District is adjacent to the Green District to the west and is home to the nobility and the various ambassadors. To the east is the Brown District, home to the city's workers, merchants, soldiers, and anyone else who calls The Fifth City home. The eastern "border" of the city doesn't have a dock like the Green, Gray, and Red Districts. There was meant to be a dock there but it was never finished and is now unofficially known as "Down Below" - a place where the destitute and homeless gather. Gray District is to the direct south, beyond the Green District is full of warehouses, maintenance people, and construction tools. Blue District, to the southwest, is the hub of the city's administration, where Lord Clarion and his officers govern, as well as the city's magistrates, and jail are located. Finally, Yellow District, to the southeast, is dominated by a glowing, humming sphere, the magical "engine" of the city that keeps it afloat. The sphere also generates a magical shield in times of emergency that protects the city from attack.

Felix and Markus have duties to return to. Lenya has an ambassador to meet. The others are free to explore.

OOC: At this point, you can sandbox a bit and explore the city. Just let me know where you want to go and what you intend to do.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: No, that's pretty much done. Reporting in to Constable Garrus at the very least is where I was going with that. Also, just in case it wasn't clear, Markus and Amisi are the only Corps of Magi human mages in the city at the moment. There may be mages of other races, but the human government doesn't have any authority over them. There may also be undocumented human mages but they would be fugitives at best (and it would be Markus' job to track them down and turn them over to the Corps. If such a case were to occur, Markus would have the authority to utilize the city guard as he sees fit as the ranking member of the Corps in the city.

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Well, I suppose I should get back to the Corp building and drop off my things. Anyone is welcome to come along with me if they'd like to take a look around. Plus a bath sounds like heaven after that arduous travel." Amisi's eyes travel over the group in front of her, their smell . "Perhaps we should meet up for the evening meal after everyone is finished their chores for the day?"

OOC: Does the Corp actually provide housing for it's members or is there an area they usually stay?

Also, just for player reference, do you prefer the characters to stay together as a group?

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: You can split up or stay together as you like. Also, your mentor is not in the city. Just Amisi and Markus, residing in a converted boarding house in the Red District. The house can accommodate a dozen people, but there's only the two of you at the moment, plus the serving and cleaning staff. The Corps' main training facilities are in the capital and on the Marros Colony.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: You can split up or stay together as you like. Also, your mentor is not in the city. Just Amisi and Markus, residing in a converted boarding house in the Red District. The house can accommodate a dozen people, but there's only the two of you at the moment, plus the serving and cleaning staff. The Corps' main training facilities are in the capital and on the Marros Colony.

OOC: Got it! Edited my post above.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: No, that's pretty much done. Reporting in to Constable Garrus at the very least is where I was going with that. Also, just in case it wasn't clear, Markus and Amisi are the only Corps of Magi human mages in the city at the moment. There may be mages of other races, but the human government doesn't have any authority over them. There may also be undocumented human mages but they would be fugitives at best (and it would be Markus' job to track them down and turn them over to the Corps. If such a case were to occur, Markus would have the authority to utilize the city guard as he sees fit as the ranking member of the Corps in the city.

ooc: Got it!

"Well, its time to report to the constable, Felix. Let's see if he has some other menial task for the defenders of the city."

Jessic

First Post
"That's a hell of a garden!" Duna exclaims, looking south. "Though," Duna turns to Amisi, "I really should find a place to stay. Would it be okay if I stayed at the Corps?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"That's a hell of a garden!" Duna exclaims, looking south. "Though," Duna turns to Amisi, "I really should find a place to stay. Would it be okay if I stayed at the Corps?"
"Actually a heavenly garden. It would smell of sulphar if a hell of a garden." His face seems neutral of expression, but if you look closely humor might be found.
[roll0]
"So are you a caster? Have you applied to mage corp in another city?"

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Amisi giggles at Markus's joke. "That was a good one!"

She shakes her hair off her shoulders before responding to Dura. "Well... normally our building is for Corp members. However, since Markus and I are the only two here... and it seems it will be that way for some time... it seems a shame to let all those rooms go to waste... and our poor staff is just bored out of their mind anyway so I think it's a GRAND idea that you come and stay." She looks to Markus with a wide, toothy grin. "You don't have any problem with that, right Markus?"

Remove ads