D&D 5E The Fifth City - Episode 1: The Gathering

Fenris

Adventurer
Rhal looks skyward a moment and says "To reawaken, in your parlance."

Shaking his head, he continued. "Bear no philosophical musings from me. I have been long alone, and am eager for company. The needs of beings are not so complex as I am want to make them." Rhal looked at the human woman for a long moment. "Now Amisi, my work kept me from conversation upon the sea. Tell me of your life and why you have decided to return to the City."

"What Rhal, you don't want to know about my life?" ask Korgon with a grin. "But really what brings you .. No, wait, I have talked to a few too many of your cousins. Why have you come to the Fifth City Rhal?"

Hannerdyn

Explorer
"What Rhal, you don't want to know about my life?" ask Korgon with a grin. "But really what brings you .. No, wait, I have talked to a few too many of your cousins. Why have you come to the Fifth City Rhal?"

The scales over his eyes narrowed and his head crest rose as Rhal glowered at grinning Korgon. "A dragonborn girl would separate your soul from your body for speaking to her in the way you have spoken to Amisi," Rhal said. "While this may be some... precursor to human mating, I find it difficult to abide."

"I have journeyed here for hope of company. Though I may have more than I can tolerate," said Rhal, seeming both to soften and bluster at the man.

On their arrival at Magi Corps, Rhal takes the hand of the servant he sees and introduces himself formally; "I am called Tseg'Rhal, son of Tseg'Vhen and Na’Aern. Sophist of G'Nar and faithful of his philosophy. I can write and translate, as you may ever need. I beg of you my stay through morning."

Scotley

Hero
Felix gives a respectful nod to Lady Ivarra as they pass. Then to Markus he says, "So, if the Deva ambassador arrives safely it's business as usual, but if something goes wrong it's our fault. Is that what you heard? Maybe we should go down to the red docks and have a look around. A repeat of that dust up this morning would not reflect favorably upon us." He straightens his cap. "I guess my dreams of a tall cool drink in the shade are dashed again..."

Fenris

Adventurer
The scales over his eyes narrowed and his head crest rose as Rhal glowered at grinning Korgon. "A dragonborn girl would separate your soul from your body for speaking to her in the way you have spoken to Amisi," Rhal said. "While this may be some... precursor to human mating, I find it difficult to abide."

Korgon places a friendly hand on Rhal's shoulder "Rhal, my friend, that isn't even in the top ten reasons I am not into dragonborn women." he says with a grin

"I have journeyed here for hope of company. Though I may have more than I can tolerate," said Rhal, seeming both to soften and bluster at the man.

"Well, you have found it, and consider loneliness much worse than poor company. You have to remember, we got all kinds here. Dwarves, dragonborn, tieflings. And everyone thinks that their ways are the best. But you have to kind of let it roll off of you, like waves off a well tarred hull. This is no one's homeland, so we all have to make allowances for each other, and understand and tolerate the customs of others.. Isn't that part of a quest for knowledge?" adds Korgon with a thoughtful look to Rhal.

Queenie

Queen of Everything

Amisi overhears this and chimes in a prissy tone, "Well do not fear for that Rhal, for I would not mate with this barbarian scoundrel if he was the last humanoid on our planet!! Our world would end entirely if it depended on this miscreant."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Felix gives a respectful nod to Lady Ivarra as they pass. Then to Markus he says, "So, if the Deva ambassador arrives safely it's business as usual, but if something goes wrong it's our fault. Is that what you heard? Maybe we should go down to the red docks and have a look around. A repeat of that dust up this morning would not reflect favorably upon us." He straightens his cap. "I guess my dreams of a tall cool drink in the shade are dashed again..."

"Not quite. I heard if we fail, it will be Mage Corp's fault. You would be given a free pass as long as Mage Corps gets burnt. Any idea how to lock down those miscreants on this arrival? Baby sitting Devas was not in the training at the academy."

Fenris

Adventurer
Amisi overhears this and chimes in a prissy tone, "Well do not fear for that Rhal, for I would not mate with this barbarian scoundrel if he was the last humanoid on our planet!! Our world would end entirely if it depended on this miscreant."

Korgon feigns offense before winking and blowing a kiss.

Hannerdyn

Explorer
OCC: just posting this again as I think it might get lost.

On their arrival at Magi Corps, Rhal takes the hand of the servant he sees and introduces himself formally; "I am called Tseg'Rhal, son of Tseg'Vhen and Na’Aern. Sophist of G'Nar and faithful of his philosophy. I can write and translate, as you may ever need. I beg of you my stay through morning."

Remove ads