D&D 5E Inappropriate breasts on female monsters

Dire Bare

Legend
Dire Bare I never said it dragonboobs were bad science read what I said above.

Can't go back and reread this monstrous thread, and I am tiring of the back and forth. But if I did conflate your opinions with others, I do apologize. However, perhaps next time quote either me or Hussar in a post, one-at-a-time? It got confusing to me who exactly you were responding to, both times.

I do think you have made it clear that you personally find dragonborn boobs not to your liking, but that you do not feel it necessary to speak for all or to condemn WotC for sexism.

Honestly, if you don't like dragonboobs (not "you" Elf Witch, but the general "you"), you don't really need to justify your preference with "science", "realism", "sexism" or anything. Your preference stands fine all on its own.

I only get irritated when folks use a misunderstanding of science to justify fictional tropes in a fantasy setting. Or to cry sexism because boobs. Not aimed at you Elf Witch, or really anyone in particular in this thread. If you like them dragonbewbs or don't, just own it! Don't dig a hole with needless and inaccurate justification.

Elf Witch

First Post
Can't go back and reread this monstrous thread, and I am tiring of the back and forth. But if I did conflate your opinions with others, I do apologize. However, perhaps next time quote either me or Hussar in a post, one-at-a-time? It got confusing to me who exactly you were responding to, both times.

I do think you have made it clear that you personally find dragonborn boobs not to your liking, but that you do not feel it necessary to speak for all or to condemn WotC for sexism.

Honestly, if you don't like dragonboobs (not "you" Elf Witch, but the general "you"), you don't really need to justify your preference with "science", "realism", "sexism" or anything. Your preference stands fine all on its own.

I only get irritated when folks use a misunderstanding of science to justify fictional tropes in a fantasy setting. Or to cry sexism because boobs. Not aimed at you Elf Witch, or really anyone in particular in this thread. If you like them dragonbewbs or don't, just own it! Don't dig a hole with needless and inaccurate justification.

Cool. :)

I used to get yelled at when I did single post and told lump it together. I am just not great with splitting posts like some people are. Especially if I am using my phone to post.

I come from the Clarion workshops on SF and fantasy writing school of thought that even fantasy needs to be grounded in something not saying that you can't use its magic for the reason as long as you stay consistent to the rules of the world you created. When I create worlds I often use bits of science, anthropology, sociology and psychology as well as myths to create it.

For example I used to breed parrots and still have them as pets and the bulk of what we keep as pets are not sexually dimorphic except for the normal colored cockatiels and budgies I had to have blood testing done on the others to determine sex. So my bird people are like that. They know what sex they are but they don't really dress differently so unless you ask you wouldn't know.

I guess we look at things differently I was not trying to justify my preference but explain why it was my opinion which I see as something different.

I think communication on the internet would go smoother if people didn't just assume negative things as easily as they do.

Hussar

Legend
Good grief man, does every thread have to be about your reservations about Planescape? :p

This was just an unfortunate coincidence. People were talking about realistic proportions in the art, and Di Terlizzi is about as unrealistic as it gets. Just happened to be a Planescape picture but, really, could have been any of his. Heck, how about this one;

kobold.gif

How does that kobold lift those giant hands with those tiny little stick arms?

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
This was just an unfortunate coincidence. People were talking about realistic proportions in the art, and Di Terlizzi is about as unrealistic as it gets.

I love DiTerlizzi, but his D&D stuff is very painterly, very sketch-like. It ain't an anatomy class. :)

But unrealistic D&D art is a whole 'nother box of worms. :p

Hussar

Legend

Just to chime in here, sorry [MENTION=9037]Elf Witch[/MENTION], I wasn't clear in what I said.

You are fine. You stated a preference and leave it at that. You aren't trying to justify that preference using anything other than the fact that you don't like it. No problems at all.

IOW, what Dire Bare is saying, only he's saying it better than me and he's more handsome and I hear he smells fantastic. :D

Remove ads