Bonded Mounts for Water Paladins

trentonjoe

Explorer
I run a game that is predominently water (and thus has very little land). One of players is a paladin who is getting ready for his bonded mount. He wants a water type creature. ANy ideas?

ALl I can come up with so far is dolphin, squid, baby dragon turtle, and large jelly fish (I like that one).

Please help.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Hammerhead, Manta / Stingray, Manatee, some kind of dinosaur...

-- Nifft

PS: also Sea Lion, Seal, Walrus, and of course Dire Penguin!

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Manta Rays make awesome Mounts (and they can virtually fly! - albeit for short distances)

Dolphins or even better Whales make good mounts too (although Dolphins are cooler) ps however Dolphins imc are considered an intelligent race and I have had 1 Dolphin Ranger in the past...

also
Sharks, Swordfish, Marlin, Giant Eels, Giant Turtles, Sea Lions, giant Sea Horses,Hippocampus, Mosasaurs, Plesiosaur,

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
well, when aeo gets on this thread, he'll have 1,000,000 answers for you. ;) until then, i can tell you that i think besides dolphins (D&D dolphins are traditionally LG alignment), i think a hippocampus is the ideal mount for humanoids underwater.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
add Huge Giant Lobster, giant Crab, Collosal Nautilus (with a shell you can actually enter and use as a shelter) and Trilobite to the list too. Also one of my favourite beasties the Sea Scorpion (prehistoric Erupydes (sp) - they were awesome and deadly!)

Also it struck me that you don't actually need to stick to 'Aquatic' creatures.

What about a 'Giant' Giant Albatross - allowing you to soar over the waves for months - or any other Sea bird - giant gannets, skua, frigate birds, shags, sea hawks etc etc

Remove ads