Bonded Mounts for Water Paladins

Well here's the list from the old paladin handbook from 2e.

hippocampus, sea horse, sea lion, small whale, or
dolphin

Also I suggest a celestial orca, becaus they rock.

What's that celestial orca?

"owwoooaoggoaa"

Timmy's stuck in a giant crab?

"owwooeeoooggaooae!!"

My god! to arms!

-F

Aeolius

Adventurer
My campaign takes place primarily underwater, as well. I'll second those who suggested the hippocampus or giant seahorse, perhaps even a celestial variation. Depending on the level of the campaign, you could try a legendary eagle ray or titanic krill...

okay, lose the last one...

bret

First Post
Add Manatee (sea cows) to the list.

Since Defenders of the Faith mentioned using Dragons as mounts, you could look through some of the aquatic dragons as well.

Personally, I like the idea of a paladin using a harness to be pulled through the water by a giant Sea Cod.

That was Cod, not God.

Sort of an underwater charriot, without need for the charriot.

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
It's been said before but giant seahorse, hippocampus, and sea lion should be the standbyes. When I was last playing in an underwater campaign, my Triton paladin was riding a seahorse and waiting to be appropriate level to call a Celestial Sea Lion mount.

Dolphins, orcas, etc are nifty but it might create problems if your characters spend much time in the depths of the sea when the dolphins and orcas can't get up for water.

Aeolius

Adventurer
Elder-Basilisk said:
When I was last playing in an underwater campaign, my Triton paladin was riding a seahorse and waiting to be appropriate level to call a Celestial Sea Lion mount.

In my undersea campaign, there is a foo sea lion. :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases