[October] What are you watching?

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Just watched The Signal and The Rover. The Signal is probably the best SF I've seen since Moon. The Rover, despite occurring in 'Australia: Ten Years After The Collapse', is not a Road Warrior take. It feels like it has twice the violence of all three of those movies combined, just because it's set on such a small stage, so to speak. Yes, the last scene made me tear up.

After was pretty good, for all that we kinda know what is going on, and the characters themselves talk about it, much like we would if we were in that situation. I was pretty pleased by how inventive they got in a few sequences.

Mr. Jones was a terrifically original horror movie with an absolutely brilliant, horrifying, and unique concept, which was hamstrung by a first-time director and the only thing I've ever seen that is worse than Shakey-Cam: the Snorri-Cam (this is where the camera is strapped to the actor's body and faces him, so everything in the world but the actor moves. It's hideously off-putting and disorienting. Now imagine half a movie made that way).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
By day, according to the DVR.

Sun
-Avengers Assemble
- NFL
- Bob's Burgers
- The Simpsons
- Family Guy
Mon
- Big Bang Theory
- Gotham
- Gravity Falls
- Star Wars: Rebels
Tue
- Ultimate Spider-man
- The Flash
- Agents of Shield
Wed
- Arrow
- Legends
- South Park
Sat
- Doctor Who

Broadchurch is on it's way from Netflix.

Wow! Where do you find the time?

Jack7

First Post
On the weekends (the only time I watch TV) I’ve been watching a lot of old high-end films, like Marooned and the Andromeda Strain and Charly and Khartoum. And I’ve been rewatching all the Selleck Jesse Stone films. One at a time.

I’ve also been watching a lot of foreign films and short films off specialty channels and YouTube.

For TV shows I record (don’t always get to watch, but try and catch up when I can) and enjoy:

Arrowseeing a happy Queen is kinda strange and also kinda humorous
Blacklist – always skirts the line between the ridiculous and absurd and the brilliant
Extant – the technology is superb, the story is great, the actors and characters are so-so to me
Forever
Gotham – I really like it
Legends – excellent since the caseof the Saudi drone bombing
Sleepy Hollow
Supernatural
The Americans
The Flash – much better than I was expecting. I like it. Plus his girlfriend is hot. Or the girlfriend he wants to have.
The Musketeers - I thought I would dislike this show. It's actually a good deal more historical and entertaining than I expected
The Strain

I was looking forward to the return of Longmire but it looks like they crapped all over that. Real Cowboys and Indians and the best Dick I've seen in decades. Men unafraid to act like real men. A severe loss.

I’ve also been watching old Doc Savage films. Like Man of Bronze.

For comedy I watch Tim and Eric's Bedtime Stories and Big Bang Theory.

Elodan

Adventurer
Wow! Where do you find the time?

It looks like a lot, but most of the shows are only 1/2 hour. Generally, I can watch one night's list in about a 2 hour period without the commercials. Some I'll watch live (Doctor Who and Big Bang Theory are musts), some I'll watch that night or over the next couple of days, and a couple build up until I do I small binge session.

Remove ads