Everything World of Darkness Ever - Vampire Prelude: Blood Dawn (OOC)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Recruiting has closed. Thanks for looking.

October 31st, 1999

You went to the office Halloween party in a cheesy costume you threw together last minute. You didn't like most of these people at work but the boss was keen on these ridiculous social gatherings and you're up for a promotion. Besides, the new gal on the nightshift was intriguing and maybe now you'd finally get a chance to talk to her.
You belong to me now.

"Trick or Treat!" It just wasn't like it was when you were a kid, but, it was still fun to get your 10 year old and 7 year old into costume and go around the neighborhood. "Just one more house?" The 7 year old begged and pleaded. Of course, it would have to be the spooky house at the end of the street. Its Halloween, why the hell not?

What's this? You brought me a snack? How delightful.

The music thumped so loudly it forced your heart to adjust its beat to match its own. The club was full of wild and revealing outfits. You were more than a little tipsy, but you didn't care. This was where you felt alive. You weren't looking to hook-up tonight, but you weren't going to say no if the opportunity arose, either. Speaking of which, who is this handsome fellow asking you to dance?

I'll show you a darkness you haven't dreamed of.

Halloween night. The night you die...and live forever.

The classic World of Darkness ended after 13 years with Gehenna/Apocalypse/Ascension. I thought it would be fun to explore the entire run by wrapping the 13 year cycle around the two most notorious end-of-the-world dates in recent memory. 2000 to 2012.

As such, we will be playing through every official modern World of Darkness game and story in the order they were originally released (roughly...I only have the year of each release so I'll be arranging each year's setting and story material in an order that makes the most logical sense for our mega-chronicle).

I am also inserting my own bridging stories here and there to help fill in any gaps and to give the chronicle a certain feel. This prelude, for example, will introduce the primary Camarilla vampire characters as they go through their embrace.

We will be using the 20th Anniversary Edition of Vampire: The Masquerade for this prelude. The setting is Chicago, October 31st, 1999. There are a few limitations, however.

Camarilla clans only. Specifically - Brujah, Gangrel, Malkavian, Nosferatu, Toreador, Tremere, and Ventrue.

The Black Hand Membership and Rituals backgrounds are not available.

Disciplines from sabbat, independent clans, and minor bloodlines are not available, even with freebie points. (But, may be learned later on if the story lends itself to such knowledge.)

Malkavian characters have the Dominate discipline instead of Dementation.

All characters will be have Humanity, rather than a Path, at least to start.

Merits and flaws are available on a case by case basis.

Finally, if this is all Greek to you, but you still like the idea of playing a vampire, no problem. Part of the purpose of a Prelude is to acquaint the player with both their character and the game itself. For those who need a guide, just express your interest here and I'll walk you through character creation as we play through the Prelude.

Halloween Night

For this one night, Lodin, Prince of Chicago, was lifting the ban on the creation of new Kindred...provisionally. Only those who had pleased him and were willing to owe him a boon were allowed to embrace this night. Not many took him up on the offer. But some did.

There are monsters out tonight. Soon, you will be one of them.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Hm...old fashioned Vampire. Interesting.

I'm in a lot of games though...including two others of yours. :) I do have a few character concepts I've wanted to play though, so...let me take inventory and see if I'm comfortable adding another one.

Shayuri

First Post
Alright. I'll make a stab at it. I've had a couple of vampire concepts in search of a game, and I think I can handle it. Your games are not overly fast-paced based on the other ones.

So alrighty then. :)

Shayuri

First Post
I'll have to decide between Gangrel and...I suspect Ventrue.

The Ventrue is a doctor actually, which is an interesting wrinkle, and is the idea I'm leaning towards.

Rubberneck

First Post
I changed my first post because I didn't like the way it sounded lol. I have played Requiem not Masquerade. I'm sure I can learn the differences quick enough. I am very much interested in joining this campaign.

Last edited:

TillForPie

First Post
I followed Rubberneck here! I'm a good deal more familiar with Masquerade than he is, I believe, but like him most of my experience is with Requiem.

[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], would you mind if I played another Ventrue? I don't want you to feel like I'm shouldering in on your turf.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Welcome aboard Rubberneck and TillForPie. From my perspective, having two characters from the same clan makes things interesting as it allows for intra-clan conflict and more nuanced interaction between PCs and NPCs.

I'll leave this open for another weekish and then we'll get started on character creation for those who need help with it.

Remove ads