New cell phone advice

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Google apps. U can uninstall and they give you a warning if its needed. Even if u do unistall something they give u a reinstall prompt if required and direct link to the app store

Sorry I thought post that info :p. I have a Samsung Exhibit T5999N from MetroPCS which I am enjoying it amensely well.
Nice. From what I can find, the Exhibit is a Metro phone running on the T-Mobile network since the two companies merged. T-Mobile, unfortunately, loves to pack in a lot of annoying apps. Some of them can be useful. Others are pretty annoying. Samsung also packs in the apps. I'm sure that you could delete a lot, if not all, of the additional Samsung and T-Mobile apps if you root your phone. You may have some issues, though. T-Mobile has some apps that allow you use WiFi calling, which is you delete, wont be available, I guess. Samsung also throws in it's own operating system on top of Android. It brings it's own apps, which again, you could remove, but hat'll probably make a mess if you remove some of the apps needed for the Samsung system. I guess it depends on how tech savvy you are. My cousin got a Google Nexus, rooted it, made some changes, bricked his phone, and had to fix it himself. If you root your phone, it's most likely you've killed your warranty. Fortunately my cousin knew what he was doing, and fixed it himself.

Honestly, unless you really need the space, you can just create a folder for all the useless apps, and stick them all in there.

tecnowraith

First Post
Thanks, I got the phone at a good price when metropcs had a sell for 3 phones that with all rebates you get it for free. I only paid 40 or 60 for mine :). I have rooted my phone and using Titanium Backup to uninstall the apps. I always do research before anuthing like this. What does creating folder do in all honestly?

tecnowraith

First Post
Do any of you use themes and if so which theme launcher? Launchers like GO Launcher, Google Now Launcher , Nova, Launcher Pro or Launcher Pro too name few. :)

Thanks, I got the phone at a good price when metropcs had a sell for 3 phones that with all rebates you get it for free. I only paid 40 or 60 for mine :). I have rooted my phone and using Titanium Backup to uninstall the apps. I always do research before anuthing like this. What does creating folder do in all honestly?
Creating folders just gives you a place hide the apps you don't want to use in. They're still be there, but at least you don't have to look at them.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases