Request for Star Wars RPG forum

rollcrit

First Post
Hello moderators. I would like to put in a request to have a new forum be created for Star Wars RPG. It is getting pretty big now with edge of the empire and age of rebellion.

Thank you,
Tara

On that basis, you could argue for separate WoD forums or WH40K forums.

The Star Wars RPGs are cool and all, but if you want to discuss them exclusively then - that is what the FFG forums are for, I guess. On this site, feel free to discuss as much as you like, but I don’t think there are enough active threads here to suggest Star wars needs it’s own forums.

nerfherder

Explorer
Yeah, there have only been 7 Star Wars threads (including this one) in the last year - I doubt if there'd be the traffic to justify a separate forum.

Torg Smith

First Post
Also, you can filter to just the Star Wars by using the drop down combo box at the top of the General RPG sub form and just see the posts you want.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Here's all the FFG Star Wars threads:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?2-General-RPG-Discussion&prefixid=edgeempire

As Nerfherder pointed out, there's only been 7 threads in 2014. Generally new forums are created as they're needed, but I've moved more towards the prefix/tagging system as being more useful in recent years. That's what that above list was created with.

I'm always happy to accommodate any game, but the traffic needs to be there. :)

Evenglare

Adventurer
actually kind of curious on that note.... are you going to put up Age of Rebellion and Force and Destiny tags? Those are technically different games than Edge of the Empire. Or you could just combine them into one FFG Starwars tag. Age of Rebellion is actually out now and F&D is out in beta form.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I might swap the existing one for a more general FFG Star Wars tag if I get the time. Means making the icon!

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
If you ever did build a Star Wars forum, I would request that it be for all editions/systems that Star Wars was published in.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
As a data point -- since this forum request 7 months ago, not a single new Star Wars RPG thread has been started on this site (not even one by @rollcrit, the OP). Whether that's cause or effect, I don't know, but there certainy isn't a forum needed to cope with the deluge of traffic! :)

However, as an experiment, I'm going to start an all-Star Wars RPG forum. I can always move the stuff back again with a couple of clicks, but I am curious to see if it is, indeed, cause or effect. So shortly after the timestampt of this post, you should see a new Star Wars Roleplaying forum up there. It'll be interesting, either way!

Remove ads