What's your favorite Audiobook?

Boarstorm

First Post
I just finished up the last of the Dresden Files audiobooks, and find myself a bit aimless about what to download next. Any good suggestions? I like my fantasy to be targeted to a little bit "older" audience. Joe Abercrombe, Brandon Sanderson or Matthew Stover tell the types of stories that keep my interest.But heck, what's your favorite?

EricNoah

Adventurer
Oh gosh...

I've had trouble enjoying fantasy audiobooks recently, to be honest. But I loved Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell - easily one of my favorites.

Outside of fantasy, some top listens include Snow Crash, the Aubrey/Maturin series (I prefer the Simon Vance version), the Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones), The President's Vampire series by Christopher Farnsworth (Bronson Pinchot is just amazing as a narrator), 14 by Peter Clines, Necronomicon, Anathem, The Diamond Age, Ready Player One (Will Wheaton really nails it here), and The Martian.

Boarstorm

First Post
The President's Vampire series by Christopher Farnsworth (Bronson Pinchot is just amazing as a narrator)

Does he do the slow southern drawl voice in this one?

I found it somewhat offputting in Correia's Grimnoir series.

Otherwise, I agree with what I've heard/read of your list. Ready Player One, in particular.

World War Z: Also excellent. I kind of wish GraphicAudio's full cast/sound effect books (audio dramas?) were available on Audible.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
World War Z: Also excellent. I kind of wish GraphicAudio's full cast/sound effect books (audio dramas?) were available on Audible.

I've been getting audiobooks from... gasp... my local library! Not everyone has access to a library with a good collection, but it can be worth checking.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases