Legacy Of The Deep (Pt. 1) - Escape From Zanzer's Dungeon

Chauzu

First Post
All In-Character (IC) posts will be posted in here. All Out-Of-Character (OOC) posts will be posted in the OOC thread.

Players will roll their own dice, except in certain situations, which will be pointed out by the DM. If you post actions and do not provide dice rolls, then they will be done for you by the DM.

-----------------------------------

You awaken in a musty room. The floor and three walls are solid stone, but the fourth wall is of thick iron bars. You’re in jail!

15 by 15 feet, with an 8 foot high ceiling, this room feels damp and cold against your skin. The only little comfort you have in here is a small pile of hay, enough for one person.

As you look around you see five other people (Minus the one you are), dressed mainly in rags: a tough-looking woman, a trustworthy-looking fellow, a strong-soldierly-looking man, a tall bald man, a halfling staring at the cell door, and an uncharismatic-looking man wearing a green robe. As you look at yourself, you see that you are in the same condition. All of the clothing and items you were wearing before are now gone. Well, except for that gold piece Zanzer Tem gave to you.

Outside the room you are locked in, there is a small hallway, 15 feet long and 5 feet wide. Along its wall is a table with a whip laying on the top.

The last thing you can remember is being hit on the head by a couple of ruffians…

Attachments

• zjail.jpg
    zjail.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:

arwel

First Post
"Urgh...", Tanarel winced as he brushed his hair from his eyes and ran his fingers over the bloody lump on the back of his head.

After a few seconds he starts to groggily look around the room at his cell mates studying them each in turn. "The name's Tanarel Wh...", he stops suddenly. "Well, just Tanarel will do for the time being. Who are you?" As he says this his attention is suddenly drawn to the gold coin in his other hand. "Zanzer Tem, by Hoar he will pay for this. Now where have I heard that name before?"

[OOC: Does my local knowledge give me anything on the name Zanzer Tem?]

Edit: Corrected spelling of Zanzer Tem.

Last edited:

Poto Knezer

First Post
The "tough looking woman" is attractive, with jet-black hair, pale skin & blue eyes. She regards the others warily. Then walks to the door & tests that it's locked.

Dungannon

First Post
Sydney Halehearth

"if only i'd remembered to hide my tools..."

The halfling turns to regard Tanarel:
"Only thing I know of Zanzer Tem is he's a mage of some reputation here in town. Name's Sydney, by the way."

Sydney turns back to the cell door, and examines the coin he's holding.

Last edited:

arwel

First Post
Despite his unkempt appearance Tanarel's tone and bearing betray his high birth and possible military service. He turns to Sydney, "You have a coin too. How do you come to be here? I was doing a bit of work for a merchant in town, delivering some lizard to this Tem fellow. Next thing I know I feel myself falling asleep. Picked up a bump on the head somewhere as well."

Chauzu

First Post
arwel said:
Does my local knowledge give me anything on the name Zanzer Tem?

You know that he is supposedly a "friend" of the local lord, Sarp Redbeard, and that he helps run the Wheloon Guard.

Dungannon

First Post
Sydney Halehearth

Sydney turns back to Tanarel.
"Pretty much the same story here. My...boss gave me an errand to run. 'Take this lizard to the mage Zanzer Tem, and be quick 'bout it!' he said. And I was, too. Made it all the way across the market district in record time, for me at least. And all I got in return was a knock on the noggin and this coin."

Sydney sighs and walks up to the bars.
"Hmmm, I wonder..."

Sydney tests the bars to see if he might be able to slip through.

OOC: Escape Artist might allow me to wiggle through if the DC isn't too high. Escape Artist check: 15 (roll) + 5 (skill bonus) = 20.

Last edited:

Chauzu

First Post
Dungannon said:
Escape Artist might allow me to wiggle through if the DC isn't too high. Escape Artist check: 15 (roll) + 5 (skill bonus) = 20.

You try hard to wiggle your body between the bars, but you fail. If only you were a bit skinnier...

arwel

First Post
Tanarel Whitehart

"Now you've reminded me, Zanzer Tem is reputedly a friend of Lord Redbeard. He's involved with the guard as well I believe."

Tanarel quickly searches the cell for anything that may have been inadvertently left there, kicking some of the hay aside as he does it.

[ooc: Searching the room. Search check: 9 (roll) + 2 (skill bonus) = 11]

Dungannon

First Post
Sydney Halehearth

Chauzu said:
You try hard to wiggle your body between the bars, but you fail. If only you were a bit skinnier...
"I knew I shoulda cut down on momma's turnovers..."

Sydney turns back and sees Tanarel searching the room. As this looks like a good idea, and to keep from being bored, Sydney will join him.

OOC: Search check: 20(roll) + 3(skill bonus) = 23! woohoo!
Dungannon kisses his d20 and places it reverently back in the bag

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases