D&D 5E Arena of War - Chapter 1: In Character

sithramir

First Post
Jade connects twice and the Wyvern still stays on its feet.

Halga connects hard, and Valya again hits the beast with another frost ray.

Drek injures the beast further and it finally appears wounded.

The wyvern hits Jade critically and he falls to the ground unconscious (20 damage crit). He bites Drek and deals 10 damage. Make a DC 15 Con saving throw for poison.

The wyvern attempts to escape the close quarters incurring attacks of opportunity from Halga and Drek. It flies across and over the wall to escape. It sees Valya but she remains out of it's reach.

Arena-Round 2c.PNG

Round 4:

All PC's can make actions (Jade make a Death Save unless helped by another, Drek make a DC 15 Con Save) and proceed with your next moves.

industrygothica

Adventurer
OOC: Con Save: 1d20+5=13

Drek roars as the wyvern sinks it's teeth into his flesh. As the beast begins to fly away, the half-orc manages one more swing before it leaves is reach, and then rushes to the other side of the wall to again meet it head-on.

OOC: Reaction: Opportunity Attack: Greataxe +6 hits AC 14 for 9 damage (1d20+6=14, 1d12+4=9)
Action: Dash to G7

Shayuri

First Post
Valya looks up as the wyvern flies over her cover, and swears to herself. Well, better to spend magic now than die later. Cantrips were fine and well while she was safely out of the fray, but right now she needed to hurt it...maybe bring it down...and have no risk of failure.

She had just the spell.

An incantation, and a trio of bright blue-white shards of pure magic energy sprang into existence circling the crown of her head. Valya finished the spell and flung out her hand, and those gleaming daggers whicked out in quick succession, following Valya's pointing finger as she tracked the moving dragonkin. They slammed into its underbelly and ripped into its armored flesh!

(Casting magic missile at the dar...the wyvern!)
[roll0]

She then darted around the corner of the wall and made for the other gladiators as fast as her feet could take her!

sithramir

First Post
The Wyvern attempts to flee taking two strong hits from Halga and Drek but makes it across the wall. Valya blasts it with with darts of force and it succumbs to it's wounds.

The rush of the battle slows down and you tend to your wounds. Jade is stabilized but will require removal from the battle field. Something seems out of place and as you try to piece it together you notice your weapons. Any weapon that damaged the Wyvern has become lighter, the dirt and blood not showing as if brand new. The weapons (and this would include unarmed strike) are now treated as if magical. No additional pluses (no additional attack or damage) just able to overcome magic resistance. It's clear some strange magic of this place has imbued your items with power.

OOC: That was a CR 6 monster and I figured that for four 4th level characters it would be pretty scary. It did knock someone down but it wasn't as powerful as expected. It might have been had it made it out with some HPS to attack again. I didn't want to throw more until I learn how you deal damage and take it and work as a team.

The magic bonus to weapons is how i'm dealing with magical weapons and armors. As you progress they have the potential to gain more. It will require attunement which takes a full night of rest and will use an attunement slot.

We are entering chapter 2. The first was short and the second will be a lot longer. Please level your characters to level 5. You will have a night of rest to do as you like. When your characters are leveled and ready let me know that you are ready and also if you need anything or questions.

The next chapter will be a separate and larger battle-field. You will now be fighting against other NPC's as well as monsters, traps, etc. I will add more but was really slow getting to this and didn't want to hold anyone up. Let me know any questions or what your next plans are.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases