D&D 5E Arena of War - Chapter 1: In Character

sithramir

First Post
ROUND 5:

PC Slot: Valya can go
PC Slot: Artyom finishes off another goblin. (3 kills)
NPC Slot G1 goblins attack the dwarf but still to no effect.
PC Slot: The Dwarf slays another goblin. (5 kills)
PC Slot: Drek or Cade can go.
NPC Slot G2
PC Slot Elf
PC Slot: Cade or Drek
NPC Slot G3/G4

Arena-Round 1m.PNG

Phoenix8008

First Post
Cade doesn't even have to urge Silverback to finish off the goblin right in front of them this time. The wolf takes care of it just fine. They move forward from there to stay between but away from the remaining groups of goblins to pick their next target.

[sblock=Details]-Attack goblin at G10: 1d20+6=16, 1d20+6=8 - Hits AC16
-Damage: 2d4+4=8. That should kill the goblin.
-Move Action: They move up to space C11.

Cade
AC: 15
HP's: 35/38
HD: d10 x 4/4
Speed: 25 ft per round (40 ft per round riding Silverback)

Silverback
AC: 15
HP's: 18/18
Speed: 40 ft per round[/sblock]

sithramir

First Post
PC Slot: Valya can go (Not trying to skip but this battle is almost over now and you're kill count reigns supreme).
PC Slot: Cade's wolf finishes another goblin. (5 kills)
No G2 goblins left.
PC Slot Elf moves and slays 2 more goblins (8 kills).
PC Slot: Drek may go.
NPC Slot G3/G4

Arena-Round 1n.PNG

Shayuri

First Post
As the goblins fell one by one, Valya considered her options, then decided to go out with a bang. She advanced up to the beleagured dwarf and gave him a beneficient smile.

"Don't worry. I'm here to save you."

Flame exploded from her hands, engulfing the two goblins attacking him!

(Move to H15 and Burning Hands!)
[roll0]

sithramir

First Post
PC Slot: Cade's wolf finishes another goblin. (5 kills)
No G2 goblins left.
PC Slot Elf moves and slays 2 more goblins (8 kills).
PC Slot: Valya burns two more goblins finally freeing the crazy dwarf from being surrounded (13 kills).
PC Slot: Drek finishes his wounded goblin off (6 kills).

The combat comes to a grinding halt and as you all glance around you get an actual glimpse at your surroundings. The sand covered floor of the arena strewn about with the corpses of literally dozens of goblins. There is some sort of spell that blocks the view into the "stands" which allows you to see only dark moving shapes in the darkness.

The gate in which you first stepped out opens allowing you to exit. You see another group of gladiators making their way to the Arena as you do prodded by the winged demon behind them.

OOC: You will be allowed a short rest and there will be a second battle. Take this time to organize and let me know what you're doing and also to interact. I will shortly provide XP and more details with interaction on the upcoming events. But let me know what each of you want to do, etc before that happens. You will be told that you will be debriefed by Temenon who is currently out. You can still do the items listed previously for interaction with other NPC's

The elf introduces himself as Paelis. He is a ranger who was captured during a raiding mission and has been here for several months. Not much happened during his stay as the games were just now beginning. People spent most of their timing training while awaiting for this to happen as the additional "cells or rooms" were filled up. He may have more information if asked.

The dwarf laughs "Another fun combat where I get to slay me some evildoers! Can you believe we get to do this for free? BWAHAHAHAHA My name is Grendor.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Cade hops off of Silverbacks saddle and feeds the wolf a scrap of meat out of a beltpouch before walking over to Valya. He stops in front of the wizard girl and puts his hands on his hips while looking her up and down as if appraising her. Finally, he holds out his right hand as if to shake and says "You did good out there, for a wizard. Good job."

[sblock=If Valya takes his hand, read the following. If not, then skip it.]As Valya's hand nears his, Cade reaches further, grabbing around her forearm and squeezing with a solid grip. He mumbles something under his breath, you hear the word 'Selune' in it somewhere, then a surge of healing energy rushes up Valya's arm and her wounds close somewhat. (Cure Wounds= 1d8+2=3) Then another surge follows after that, closing the wounds further, but still not as much as Cade hoped for. 1d8+2=4

**Sorry about the low rolls, I tried! Used two 1st level slots, one remaining.**[/sblock]
After that, Cade walks away petting his wolf and wiping blood off it's muzzle with the hem of his tunic.

Shayuri

First Post
Bemused, bleeding, near exhaustion from her rampant spellcasting, Valya instinctively put her hand in Cade's...and was startled by the gesture he made in return. There were still plenty of unmended hurts, but...she thought she could manage now. The worst of the bleeding was stopped, and some bandages and time would solve the rest.

Her magic was drained though, and they weren't getting enough time to recover all of it. That was a lesson she'd learned too late this time. Oh, why had she succumbed to the need to show off at the end and use that last spell?!

Well. Nothing to do for it now but the best she could. And hope it was enough.

"Thank you," she said to Cade guardedly. But the strange halfling and his shaggy mount were already ambling off.

Gourry02

First Post
Artyom heads from the sands of the arena back to his assigned cell. He enters the cell, leaving the door open behind him. Artyom rests his forehead against the wall letting the coolness overtake the heat he had generated in battle. He tends to his wounds as best as he can and takes a seat with his legs crossed on the floor of his cell.

The bedroll is the only comfort he needs and the only comfort his past as an ascetic will allow him. He sits crossed legged on his unfurled bedroll, the scratches and scrapes on his body are healing well enough. He strives to put out of his mind the memory of the battle that had brought him here being bested in combat was a rude awakening, but losing the artifact was a sobering experience.

The monk sits perfectly still meditating on the combat of a few moments past, he tries to reconcile the unnessecary deaths against the strictures of the monastery he was raised in.

"They are all dead. I am the last." He says to himself, in what has become a focusing mantra for him since being brought to this slave arena.

Remove ads