D&D 5E Lost Mine of Phandelver

Brother Dave

First Post
"Well, we don't know if he is setting us up or not but it seems we don't have too much choice than to go look. I can go ahead and check it out if you'd like. Then again there may be others of you more suited to that." Selari stands around, disappointed the fight with the goblins wasn't more satisfying. "Either way don't get too close to it, it might have fleas."

"Undoubtedly." Laucian says with a sneer. He sheathes his blade and stows the cleaning cloth in his pack, then picks up his shield. He looks at Treygar and Aenwyr, and sweeps his arm towards the trail. "After you."

Laucian waits for one or both of them to take point, then follows behind. He looks back over his shoulder at Amron. "Keep a tight reign on your little friend. I would just hate it if it got loose and I had to chase it down." He sniffs and makes a face. "Ugh. And keep it well away from me. That thing stinks." He gazes forward again, muttering. "Maybe we'll find a stream and he can wash off some of the filth." He glances back again. "On second thought, maybe not. That filth is probably all that's holding those rags together." He shudders as a wave of revulsion washes through him at the thought of seeing the goblin naked.

[sblock=marching order]Laucian will insist on leading from near the front, but understands that he is not well suited to a scouting role - despite being an elf, he is not exactly quiet in his chain mail - so he will graciously allow one or two stealthier party members to take on that role. :) Because of the noise factor, I'd suggest whoever is scouting ahead should probably do so at some distance.[/sblock]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: [MENTION=57255]Lord Sessadore[/MENTION], [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION], and [MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION], are you still with us? To keep things moving, we are going to assume that your characters are staying behind to guard the wagon for the time being. You can catch back up to the rest of the group at any time.

OOC: Everyone gains 75 experience points for the Goblin Ambush encounter.

Following the goblins' trail, you come across a large cave in a hillside five miles from the scene of the ambush. A shallow stream flows out of the cave mouth, which is screened by dense briar thickets. A narrow dry path leads into the cave on the right-hand side of the stream.

The goblin captive slows down a bit as the group approaches the stream. He seems to be fatigued or perhaps feigning fatigue.

OOC: Any character scouting ahead can make a Dexterity (Stealth) check to approach the cave entrance if they are trying to avoid detection.

industrygothica

Adventurer
While the others are gone checking the trail, Prophet stays behind on guard duty. He gathers a pot and some spices, and decides this might be a good time to start some dinner.

OOC: Sorry about that. Wasn't sure what I wanted to do here.. guarding seems appropriate. Thanks. :)

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]My apologies too, I also couldn't think of anything compelling to write for Aenwyr. I'll carry along with the rescue party, since I had indicated before that I could track them.

Edit: to be clear, Kiraya, Aenwyr is proposing to cast Speak With Animals as a ritual, and then try to find and convince a critter to look into the cave entrance for us.[/sblock]

Aenwyr stays mostly silent during the trek to the goblins' lair, only speaking to Treygar occasionally in soft tones as the worked together to make sure the goblins hadn't taken Gundren and his companion off the trail. Inwardly he shakes his head at Laucian's belligerence, but he has no wish to confront the other elf.

When they reach the cave, Aenwyr pauses while they are still a safe distance away. "I can be quiet, but stealth is not my strong suit. However, if none wish to risk scouting ahead, I could ask one of these friendly sparrows," he gestures to the woods around them, "to look in our place. It would take several minutes, and we would need to avoid notice ourselves while we wait." The elf's expression is neutral as he makes his proposal, green eyes watching the reactions of his companions attentively.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Mina had been so caught up in standing watch for further danger (And perhaps, just a bit, lost in her own thoughts) that she wasn't paying attention to the interrogation of the goblin captive. She finally turned to see the last of the others vanishing down a trail into the woods. Unwilling to be left behind, she vaulted down off the wagon and dashed after the group. She was so intent on her pursuit that she didn't even have time to be nervous as the (goblin-infested?) woods closed around her...

OOC: I didn't have much to add either- I'll try to be more motivated

Brother Dave

First Post
Laucian stops well short of the stream and waves at Aenwyr. "Yes, yes, by all means send in your little bird. But do it quickly. Perhaps it can tell us whether Sildar and Gudren are inside, or if this is a trap." He scowls at Traygar, then quirks one side of his mouth to indicate humor. "I will endeavor to breathe less."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Selari had been preparing to scout ahead until there was mention of the bird. Not wanting to interfere with that, she hangs around back with the rest of the group.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Cragmaw Hideout

OOC: [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION], unless you are going to be away for a while, you may want to have Prophet catch up to the group, otherwise you are going to miss out on several weeks worth of gameplay. [MENTION=211]Phoenix8008[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION], are you still with us?

Aenwyr's sparrow flits about and takes some convincing before it finally decides to look around the cave entrance, insisting that it was its idea all along.

When it comes back, it informs Aenwyr that there are two smelly, small two-legs hiding in the thickets near the cave entrance. The sparrow seems to think the two smelly, small two-legs are napping. It says they are lying down and one of them is snoring.

The group's captive goblin is getting agitated and looks as though he might bolt.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Thinking better of the situation, Prophet decides that being left alone to guard the wagonis not the best course of action. He quickly grabs up his own gear and does his best to catch up to the rest of the group.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases