D&D 5E Lost Mine of Phandelver

Phoenix8008

First Post
Garuk stops working on his ritual as it's now pointless. Luckily he hadn't used any components yet for the spell, so it wasn't a total loss. He did shake his head as he heard Amron talking to the goblin in it's own tougne right from the start. Now they had given up any possible advantage gained by the goblin thinking they didn't understand it. Oh well. He gathered around with the others to see what was discovered from the interrogation.

Brother Dave

First Post
Laucian crosses his arms over his chest and glares at the goblin during the interrogation, careful to keep his distance lest the filthy beast should somehow sully him by its mere proximity. He eyes the creature with disdain. What a horrid little beast. No doubt riddled with vermin and disease. No wonder it was wailing so. He wrinkles his nose in distaste. And it smells even worse than the dwarves! How can it stand itself?

Laucian sighs with impatience. "Does it know anything useful or not? We are wasting time here. We should just do it a favor and put an end to its miserable existence now." He paces back and forth in irritation a few times, then gives up and finds a relatively clean place to squat down a short distance away in clear view of the goblin. He pulls a cleaning cloth from his pocket, then draws his rapier from its scabbard and starts absently polishing it.

Xeterog

Explorer
"Come now elf, we can't know the goblin's usefulness unless we try. ", Treygar says while helping get the cart off the road. "Do hurry Amron, I wouldn't want to delay much in our search for Gundren.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
The goblin eyes the group and weighs its options, fear obviously playing out in its thoughts more than any other emotions, "Dwarf and human taken to Klarg." The goblin points in the direction of the trail the others found.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Garuk readies his own equipment in anticipation of following the trail to wherever it leads. Grabbing his backpack from the wagon, he checks his weapons, his armor, and secures his spellbook. Hefting his axe, he secures it over his shoulder and readies his quarterstaff to keep his arcane focus at hand.

Brother Dave

First Post
Laucian Arranis Amaravan III

At the goblin's guttural utterance, Laucian looks up from his cleaning, disgust written all over his face when he sees the beast pointing in the direction of the trail. "What is it saying? Follow the trail?" He rolls his eyes. "I could have told you that. Did it say anything useful? How many other goblins there are, perhaps, or how far Gundren and Sildar were taken? Anything at all about what we can expect to encounter?"

Laucian almost hopes the goblin doesn't talk. If it gives them useful information, he will be honor bound to allow it to live, and the idea of turning it loose to further ravage the countryside and harm the peasants that he is duty bound to protect turns his stomach. But the alternative would be to drag it around with them, bound and gagged, until they can turn it in to the proper authorities. Who, admittedly, will undoubtedly just kill it anyway. Still, he knows that any knowledge that will help them recover Gundren and Sildar alive will be valuable. Conflicted, he tests the edge of his rapier and stares coldly at the goblin, eyes narrowed. I need to find my friend, and that might mean I must keep you alive - especially if my companion promised you your life in exchange for the information. I am not happy about that. So by all means, please, please, you horrid little creature. Give me an excuse to kill you, you filthy beast. Any excuse that allows me to keep my honor. Let me make this world a better place.

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Well, we don't know if he is setting us up or not but it seems we don't have too much choice than to go look. I can go ahead and check it out if you'd like. Then again there may be others of you more suited to that." Selari stands around, disappointed the fight with the goblins wasn't more satisfying. "Either way don't get too close to it, it might have fleas."

Fenris

Adventurer
The goblin eyes the group and weighs its options, fear obviously playing out in its thoughts more than any other emotions, "Dwarf and human taken to Klarg." The goblin points in the direction of the trail the others found.

Amron pats the goblin on the head "Gorbak, tun vurmop"* He then stuffs the gag back into his mouth. "Ok, they are, or were alive and they took them off down that trail. So we are going to take this one so he doesn't warn them first."

*"Good, you're showing us."

Xeterog

Explorer
Well, let's get moving then. Treygar says as he gathers the rest of his gear from the now hidden (well, at least off the path) cart.

[sblock=game info]Treygar will assist Aenwyr in following the trail--giving advantage on the rolls[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases