THe VOICE - TUESDAY NIGHT - 10-21-14

Water Bob

Adventurer
Watch that singing show on TV, The Voice? I never watch shows like that, but this season, I have a co-worker who has a daughter on the show. Her stage name is Regan James. She's 15 years old, and she's on Blake Shelton's team.

She's doing her Battle tomorrow night (Tuesday, 10-21-14), if you want to catch her.

This is her second appearance. Her first was when she got on the show.

She's pretty damn good. I wish I was that good at something at age 15. People are saying the she could be the next Taylor Swift (Swift's father also works for my company--at least he did when she first got started--though not in the same city).

Check it out.

Oh...and as far as the show goes....

I always roll my eyes when people talk about these types of shows. Dancing With The Stars this, and American Idol that. Who cares.

Well, I tuned in, and I am totally blown away at how well these shows are put together. The performances are amazing, and there's so much emotion in the program--all those people doing whatever they can to reach for their dream.

I've had lumps in my throat and goose bumps several times.

I now see why people watch it.

The Voice.

Tomorrow.

Regan James.

Water Bob

Adventurer
I'm flipping between the Series (right now, 4-0, Frisco--go Giants!!) and my DVR of tonight's The Voice episode.

Reagan won her her battle!

Yeah!

But...I do feel sorry for her competition. She was damn good too, and I'm sure she had just as many dreams. She had kidney stones while they were filming at The Voice, and although they worked around it, I'm sure the poor girl wasn't operating at 100%. What a bum break.

Clearly, though, I thought Reagan had the better voice and stage presence. And, that's not just because I know her dad. The girl really has the whole package...AT AGE 15!

Go get 'em girl!

Trivia about her dad...he grew up in Alvin, Texas and played baseball at the high school, on the same team with Nolan Ryan's kid.

Water Bob

Adventurer
Just an update....Reagan made it to the Top 12!

Last Monday and Tuesday, the remaining 20 singers performed live. Viewers are encouraged to vote for their favorites via text and other methods. Wednesday, two singers were eliminated from each team. America picked two from each team, and the Team Coach saved one. Reagan was one of the two from Blake's Team that was voted to stay by the viewer votes.

She's 15 years old. Man, I'm happy for her.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases