Erin Vaneese ( [MENTION=6700202]Anastrace[/MENTION] ):
Start: 0 xp (lvl 1)

Aszar Kzolp ( [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION] ):

Siddhartha the Hunter ( [MENTION=6778347]FrancisJohn[/MENTION] ):

Kepli Stormborn ( [MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION] ):

[sblock=Rules (subject to amendment)]I hate that I have to start with this, but I've been burned on it before, so:

We're all ostensibly here to have fun. I know I am. With so many anti-charismatic characters, I wouldn't be surprised if there were prickly RP. This is totally appropriate and can be fun all on its own. If, that is, everyone remembers: it's all pretend.

People's skins come in varying thicknesses, though. Even if you don't intend to insult someone, that doesn't mean he or she might not feel insulted. Please keep that in mind. That goes the other way, as well: try not to assume insult where 'coarse RP' might be a reasonable explanation for something. Most of you are playing characters designed to be fairly unlikeable; don't feign shock if they aren't fawned over.

If in doubt, check OOC with the other player to make sure you aren't crossing a line. Be polite. Have fun. You're all adults. I'm not your mother, father, social worker, psychiatrist, or babysitter. Don't ask me to be.

Now for the crunchy stuff. Much of this liberally adapted from people who do this better than me:

* I use group initiative to try to keep encounters from stalling, which I'll roll. For newbies, this means I'll roll the collective init for each side of a combat encounter, and whoever gets the highest total has initiative.

When it's your side's turn, actions happen in the order people post them. This can be important for tactical considerations, and for measuring the ends of durations. If something ends on a player's turn (e.g. buffs) it ends when he / she posts that round, not when the whole party has posted. Keep it in mind.

You're welcome to post placeholders ("I'll wait until X character acts") or conditionals ("If X does this, I'll do Y. If not, I'll do Z").

If any single character on the losing side beats all the initiatives on the winning one, that person will get to act first in the surprise round if there is one; the 1st round if there's no surprise. Basically, high initiative gets you an extra action out of order.

* Other than initiative and saving throws (again, to help keep things moving), feel free to roll for yourself. Actually, don't feel it; do it, and use something you can link to. Invisible Castle or Coyote Code are fine. "I rolled my dice on my end table and it says I have two crit confirms," on the other hand, does not fly, swim, climb, or burrow. Link it or it didn't happen.

* I will do my best to post once a day on weekdays. Weekends are a crap shoot. I subscribe to my threads, but it's possible I may miss something and / or there's a situation where we both think we're waiting on each other. If more than two weekdays go by and I haven't posted an update, feel free to hit me with a mention to nudge me.

Likewise, if I haven't seen any kind of post from a player in 2-3 days, I may NPC that character. I won't send you jumping into a volcano, but I can't promise I'll make the same choice you would in a given situation. If you know you're going to be gone, I would be grateful if you posted SOP for your character during that time, and / or asked another player to make decisions for your character. I'd rather not be in the position of having to play both sides of an encounter. :)

If you're gone without notice for more than a week, you shouldn't be surprised upon your return to discover your character has wandered into the woods, gotten lost, and somehow wound up back in Venza and out of the adventure.

* If your character gets enough XP to level, they may do so at the end of an encounter. This grants the extra hp, but does not heal damage, and grants any additional spell slots, but not spells prepared. A caster capable of spontaneously casting could use these slots normally, a cleric could only use them for cure or inflict spells, a druid for summon nature's ally, etc. Prepared casters may prepare spells in these slots as if they had left the slots blank for the day, if they are able to do so. They can go through the appropriate spell preparation as if they had already rested if applicable. If you are adding a new class that requires special materials, like a wizard's spell book, please PM me a little ahead of time so I can work it in cleanly.

* Please us a mini-stats block in your posts. It saves some time when I need a reference. GlassEye's used to this kind of thing, so take a look at his post if you need a sample (Hi, GlassEye! Watch out for that bus. ;) ). It looks like everyone already has a picture for maps when I get that sorted, so no worries there.

* I make mistakes. I try not to, but that silly human fallibility keeps cropping up. Feel free to politely point them out if you notice them, and I'll do my best to make amends. Do realize that sometimes (rarely) Rule 0 may be in play, and it's not a bug; it's a feature. [/sblock]

[sblock=XP]Spider Encounter: 400xp total
Albuquerque Goblins: 670xp total
Orcs: 805xp total
Camp: 1270xp total[/sblock]
[sblock=Treasure]Spider Encounter:
Chain Shirt (100 gp)
Composite Longbow Str +2 (300 gp)

Albuquerque Goblins:

Small gobbers (each):
Leather armor (10 gp)
Light wood shield (3 gp)
Short sword (10 gp)
Shortbow (30 gp)
20 arrows (1 gp)
Unidentified vial (value unknown)
13 gp

Forward postion

Rage goblin:
Studded leather armor (25 gp)
Masterwork horsechopper (310 gp)
Shortbow (30 gp)
20 arrows (1 gp)
Bag of gems (value unknown)

On Berserker leader:
Scale mail (50 gp)
Greataxe (20 gp)
Two vials of ?? (??? gp)
Javelins (2) (2 gp)

On Orcs (each, so x3):
Falchion (75 gp)
Javelins (4) (4 gp)

Camp

Human:

+1 scale mail (1200 gp)
Heavy steel shield (20 gp)
Javelins (4) (4 gp)
Masterwork longsword (315 gp)
8 gp

Adept ("Shaman"):

Masterwork chain shirt (250 gp)
Javelins (2) (2 gp)
Masterwork morningstar (308 gp)

Orcs (each, so 2x the below):

Falchion (75 gp)
Javelins (4) (4 gp)
Potion CLW (1) (50 gp)[/sblock]

Attachments

• No Loitering.xls
    198.5 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Back Room at The Dunn Wright Inn

GalenSquare_zps278399c7.jpg

The stern White Cloak is standing at the table when each of you enter. He gives the same greeting to each of you.

"Sit," he says, nodding to the empty chairs. He seems to be tallying people in his head, but won't speak another word until the fifth person enters. At that point, he marches back across the room and closes the door.

"I don't recognize any of you, which is good. That means you haven't managed to make my life more difficult yet. I'm Commander Galen Parsons, with the White Cloaks. You know, the professional, sworn peace keepers?"

He pushes on before anyone can object to the implications about the professionalism of adventurers.

"Coordinator Moretti's come into information that a group far more undesirable than 'adventurers' is gathering outside Venza. Unfortunately, while our intelligence has them uncomfortably close to The City of Glass, it puts them outside our jurisdiction.

"We could negotiate a temporary extension with the local Barony, but such a thing takes time and effort, and burns more than a few valuable favors. The Coordinator would very much like the problem solved sooner rather than later, so ...?"
he trails off, raising his eyebrow as he surveys the small gathering.

Parsons opens his mouth to say more, closes it with a pained expression. He pinches the bridge of his nose, eyes shut, as he says with clear chagrin, "The White Cloaks would like to procure ... freelance aid with the situation."

[sblock=ooc]Alrighty, folks, let's get this party started. Introductions, questions, what have you. Parsons is waiting, much as it seems he doesn't want to be. :) [/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Aszar stares blankly at the commander for a moment, assessing his exasperation. Contradictory as it was, he seems to be needing the help of someone not bound to the legal system. "And you want us to remove this problem... permanently?" he asks, unsure of how to manage the implications of killing people preemptively.
It was better to define such matters before hand, than at the heat of battle.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=Mini Stats]HP: 9/9
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
CMB: 5 CMD: 19
Fort: 1 Reflex: +4 Will: +3
Perception: +3
Initiative: +6
Bluff: +13
Armed: Longbow (Deadly Aim) +4 d8+2 (Point-Blank +1/+1)
Unarmed: Longsword +5 d8+4[/sblock]

Siddhartha nods in concurrence with Aszar. First, forced to kill. Now paid. Speaking to Galen, "Aye. Count me in."

grtrtle

First Post
Wilmorn, human male

Wilmorn looks from the fish man to the dangerous man to the white garbed man. My first job is...an assassination? The ranger shakes his head at the thought, certain he must have misunderstood. "Erm, good ser, have they done some something to warrant such drastic measures, or will it be suffcient to drive them away?"

"I mean, I know sometimes there's no talking sense in people, and if this is one of those times..." he adds quickly, not wanting to be dismissed for the work within his first utterances.

Anastrace

First Post
Erin Vaneese

175px-Erin_vaneese_cropped.png
Erin looks slightly uncomfortable when Wilmorn mentions the word assassination. "I'd also like to know Wilmorn, what have they done that you're arranging for their elimination?" she says with a curious look. "I'll still do it, I'm just curious."

Turning to the other assembled people, "I'm Erin Vaneese, I've met a few of you but good to meet the rest of you." flashing a fanged smile.

grtrtle

First Post
Wilmorn, human male

Drat! I never did introduce myself properly out there! The ranger quickly follows Erin's lead. "And I'm Wilmorn. Wilmorn of Oakhaven."

Belatedly, he realizes he did not cringe as the tiefling spoke. He frowns as he contemplates his lack of reaction.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn, shaman

[section]
Kepli looks around the room from where she is seated and briefly assesses the others gathered. She smooths out a few wrinkles in her skirt before clearing her throat in precursor to speaking up. She smiles, first at Parsons then the others gathered.

"I am Kepli Stormborn; it is a pleasure to meet the rest of you. First, Commander, let me tell you what skills I bring and then you can judge whether I am an appropriate candidate for the task you have at hand. I speak to spirits and they in turn will do certain things that I ask. They can heal minor wounds, or daze my enemies, or point out the auras of magic. I have fair skill at settling disputes." She laughs quietly, a throaty chuckle. "Which comes from dealing with arguing siblings and neighbors."

Kepli straightens in her seat. "Commander Parsons, my father always said, 'There's more than one way to skin a rat'. I'm sure that applies here as well. So we have an encroachment, but what is the desired outcome that we will be expected to bring about?"

Outside the room there seems to be some sort of disturbance as there are some raised voices and a bit of screeching. A moment later there comes a tap-tap-tapping on the meeting room door and Kepli blushes, hurriedly excuses herself to go to the door and open it a crack. She apologizes profusely to the person beyond and the reluctant rumble in response identifies Grog. A seagull darts through the crack in the door and alights on Kepli's chair. The bird is a fine specimen of seagull but looks more than a bit wild with its ruffled feathers and red-rimmed eyes.

Kepli shuts the door to the room and returns to her chair. She looks terribly embarrassed. "This is Scuttle."

[/section]

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Kepli[/size] Aasimar Shaman 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: +10 (+12 w/ Alertness)

AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +1 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +5

In Hand: Shortspear
Conditions: None yet
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Sleep
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance
Special:
Concentration +6
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 1/1

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +6

AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 6 Current: 6
CMB: +0 CMD: 6 Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +4

In Beak: Nothing
Conditions: None yet
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +4 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=Mini Stats]HP: 9/9
AC: 18 FF:14 T:14
CMB: 5 CMD: 19
Fort: 1 Reflex: +4 Will: +3
Perception: +3 Initiative: +6
Armed: Longbow (Deadly Aim) +4 d8+2 (Point-Blank +1/+1)
Unarmed: Longsword +5 d8+4[/sblock]

Saving Kepli the embarrassment of the awkward silence following the arrival of her bird, Siddhartha gruffly speaks up. "My name is Siddhartha. I am good at three things.

Fasting.
Thinking.
Waiting.

I also know how to point, shoot, and kill."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases