[LPF] No Loitering

Anastrace

First Post
Erin Vaneese

175px-Erin_vaneese_cropped.png

Snatching up the pen, Erin quickly scans the document, reading it over in a few seconds. She nods quickly and signs her name with a flourish. She steps away, and straightens her robe and sets her hand on her blade. "I'm good to go. When shall we depart?"

[sblock=Erin Vaneese Mini Stats]

Erin Vaneese
AC:16 (11 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 8/8
CMB: +1 CMD: 15

Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +1
Perception: -1 Sense Motive: -1
Initiative: +4

Level 0 Spells Prepared: Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
Level 1 Spells Prepared: 1/1 Mirror Strike

Class Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (Planes) +8, Linguistics +9, Profession (Cook) +3, Spellcraft +8, Stealth +11

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:
Temporary items in possession:
Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Aszar Kzolp, Merfolk witch

This isn't my first ride around the arena with adventurers.
merfolk.jpg"I am not to assume anything while in company of mammals." the merman says, as he struggles to the parchment. His almost pupil-less eyes scan the piece of writing incredibly fast. "Strange world where one is bound by something so fragile." he notes, before drawing an intricate symbol, more alike with hieroglyphs than anything else.

OOC: "I prepared explosive runes" =P

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn, shaman

[section]
Kepli is the last to take up the parchment. Like the others she reads it before putting her mark on it. She slides it across the table to the Commander before leaning back in her seat and folding her hands demurely in her lap.

"Thank you, Commander, for your faith in us. I, for one, am eager to get started."

[/section]
[sblock=OOC]grtrtle, I do the quote like FrancisJohn, too. It also has the benefit of keeping any changes to the statblock you made in your previous posts.[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Kepli[/size] Aasimar Shaman 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: +10 (+12 w/ Alertness)

AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 12 Current: 12
CMB: +1 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +5

In Hand: Shortspear
Conditions: None yet
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Sleep
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance
Special:
Concentration +6
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 1/1

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +6

AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 6 Current: 6
CMB: +0 CMD: 6 Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +4

In Beak: Nothing
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +4 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]What the others have said. I often use Edit instead of quote to copy out the mini stats from my most recent post, but that's because I usually compose posts in notepad out of fear the board will eat them. But there's no board function I know that would append only your game posts with mini block.[/sblock]

GalenSquare_zps278399c7.jpg

"Faith, desperation," Parsons comments to the woman who let the seagull in. "Whatever keeps you going.

"As to fragile,"
he says, glancing to the merfolk, "Just don't let anyone working for the Merchant Nobles hear you calling a contract fragile if you want to keep all your parts intact. Speaking of which..."

Parsons pulls the document back to him. Then he roots around in his belt pouches a moment, muttering "Okay, Parsons, where did you put it? Finia's going to kill you if she went to all the trouble and...ah!"

The White Cloak produces a small sachet with a smile. It's the first you've seen on his face. He sprinkles a glittering dust from the sachet onto the paper. It swirls in a manner quite contrary to any air patterns in the room, settling over the inks, both wet and dry. Then, with a puff of glowing smoke, all trace of the dust is gone. The contract, however, is not only still present, but now duplicated.

Parsons picks up the new, second document, rolling it up and slipping it into a scroll case.

"Done and recorded, then," Parsons says, patting the scroll case. He nods to the one which remains on the table. "You'll want that to present for payment, and to help you find the camp."

The White Cloak seems to have grown a bit more lighthearted now that this particular duty is all but accomplished. His features more open, he raises an eyebrow and asks, "So, any more questions, or are you off to buy up whatever slings and arrows you'll be using in pursuit of outrageous fortunes?"

[sblock=ooc]If you have no further questions for Parsons, you can feel free to write yourselves out of the room / onto whatever prep you plan on doing. If you want to keep the room for planning, no worries; let me know and Parsons will be happy to leave you alone starting with my next update.

A few things to keep in mind as you prep are figuring out a standard marching order -- single file and two across -- and a watch order for if you wind up camping overnight.

Also remember you'll be in the woods, so there won't be any inns or restaurants handy. Plan for food, rest, and weather accordingly. [/sblock]

grtrtle

First Post
Wilmorn, human male

At Parsons's words, Wilmorn pulls out his backpack and begins rummaging through it, while muttering to himself. "Good point. Now let's see...I've got bedroll, light, rope, a grappling hook...need pitons? Hammer? Hmm...probably not...water, food...a little light, might slow us up for a day or two if I don't get more...blanket. Wait, no blanket? Oh yeah, got the cape..."

After enumerating a laundry list of items in his possession, Wilmorn stands and gathers his belongings together. "I think I'm ready to head out."

[sblock=MiniStats][SIZE=+1]Wilmorn[/SIZE] Human Ranger 1

AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +2

In Hand: Bardiche (+5, 1d10+6, 19-20/x2, slashing,reach,brace,+2 CMD resist sunder)
Favored Enemy:
  • Human +2
  • Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive and Survival
  • Weapon Attack and Damage
  • May ID creature untrained (look, it's a human!)
Wild Empathy: 1d20-1
Skills:

Acrobatics +7, Handle Animal +2, K(Dungeoneering) +5, K(Geography) +5, K(Nature)+5, Perception +6, Stealth +6, Survival +6, Survival(Track) +7
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn, shaman

[section]
Kepli's lips twitch when Commander Parsons mentions desperation as a motive for accepting them into his employ. As he's the man with the money she supposes he can afford to be a little less politic and she turns her mind to other matters.

"No further questions from me, Commander. A quick discussion between those of us going on the job to figure out our approach and I think we'll be ready to go."

[/section]

Spells Prepared:
Special:
Concentration +6

Special:
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=Mini Stats]Siddhartha the Hunter
HP: 9/9
AC: 18 FF:14 T:14
CMB: 5 CMD: 19
Fort: 1 Reflex: +4 Will: +3
Perception: +3 Initiative: +6
Armed: Longbow (Deadly Aim) +4 d8+2 (Point-Blank +1/+1)
Unarmed: Longsword +5 d8+4[/sblock]After Galen leaves, he speaks to Kepli, "I am prepared to leave at this moment. What plans do you mean."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn, shaman

[section]
Kepli leans forward excitedly. Her eyes gleam and she practically radiates energy.

"I mean, how are we going to approach these ne'er-do-wells? We could try stealthy, or rush right in and try to bust 'em up, or maybe..." Her eyes sparkle. "Maybe we pose as a group ourselves and disrupt them from the inside." Kepli has clearly read one too many romance-adventures.

[/section]

Spells Prepared:
Special:
Concentration +6

Special:
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]

Anastrace

First Post
Erin Vaneese

175px-Erin_vaneese_cropped.png

Erin tilts her head to the side, resting it on her hand. "Posing as a group, huh? We're motley enough I guess, but personally I prefer the stealthy approach. I practiced for many years sneaking about the tower, and I'm quite adept at it." She laughs, "Convincing people of things, I don't know. People don't trust tieflings for some reason. They just seem to hate us." That said, she flicks her tail over to grab her drink, finishes it, then finalizes checking her gear.

[sblock=Erin Vaneese Mini Stats]

Erin Vaneese
AC:16 (11 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 8/8
CMB: +1 CMD: 15

Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +1
Perception: -1 Sense Motive: -1
Initiative: +4

Level 0 Spells Prepared: Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
Level 1 Spells Prepared: 1/1 Mirror Strike

Class Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (Planes) +8, Linguistics +9, Profession (Cook) +3, Spellcraft +8, Stealth +11

Current Weapon in Hand: Wakazashi, +5, 1d6+1, 18-20, S or P
Current Conditions in Effect:
Temporary items in possession:
Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
merfolk.jpg"I don't judge such approach to be worth considering on its present form. I think we should make a combined approach: Kelpi Siddhartha and Wilmorn can pose as criminals in search for hiring and be inside the encampment, and manage to get a watch turn at night. Erin and myself could sneak under the embrace of darkness, and we could set the camp on fire. those who manage to avoid being consumed by the flame will be easy prey for us, and we can extract whatever information we want at that point." The usually quite merman burst with words and plans. His milky white eyes gleam with intelligence, and the natural malice of a predatory species.

Remove ads