D&D 5E Exodus

smartmonkey

First Post
"Chikusho."

He didn't put much emphasis on the swear - he didn't have time. Ryota hadn't been able to keep his head straight when he looked at the core - the solution had been simple: don't look at it. He hadn't come straight here with the alarm - he'd paused to pull on a hazard suit - though he'd neglected to put the helmet on.

He'd let his eyes flick across the assembled crew - checking name badges, rank insignia, specializations. He wasn't the most qualified for this task, but he was the most qualified of anyone in the room. He'd ducked away from the core just as the commotion began.

"Get out! Get cover!" His hands moved over the core containment controls, grimacing. He'd read the manual for this, but it felt like years ago. Ancient emergency processes. He tapped, hesitantly, and glanced up just as the Doctor lept. His eyes widened. "Baka!" He choked, throwing his hands up and diving for cover, hands covering his ears, his mouth held open - an old hand at surviving pressure events.

After the explosion he stands, shakily, running through the post-explosion checklist of potential injuries. No burns. He raises his hands to his ears - no blood. He climbs to his feet, haltingly, but not because of ataxia or other signs of a concussion - rather, because he felt like he'd been on the inside of a very large bell that had been rung for a few hours. He shakes himself and looks around - checking for casualties. He stares for a long moment at the devil, before unsnapping his communicator from it's case and pulling up the emergency channel.

"Engineering to bridge-"

OOC: I'll pick up from there in case folks start hollering at me.

Last edited:

MortalPlague

Adventurer
Doctor Sanduine gasped as her hand was snatched. It seemed to break the spell; she blinked, startled, her hand lowered forcibly by the woman. Who was this rough lady to handle her so? She was a scientist, after all! She knew what she was doing! She opened her mouth to say so, but then the other man rushed forward.

The subsonic thump that rolled through her earned Doctor Sanduine's full attention. She stared at the egg, her jaw agape, as it split in half. Something was coming out of it. As the red-skinned creature unfolded from her cocoon, Emma struggled to find her voice. There were people shouting, people scrambling about; everyone was moving away. Why would they do that?

Doctor Sanduine cleared her throat, gathered her faculties, and spoke.

"Do not be frightened. We are peaceful scientists, and we mean you no harm."

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Confusion. Chaos.

Other marines and soldiers had arrived, armed with pistols and rifles. The demon was about to speak when a flash of cold came at her, forcing her to duck. She snarled and shouted something in a language no one understood.

OOC: Anyone who cares to may make an Intellgience (History) check (DC 20) to see if they know anything about what she is saying. If you have proficiency in Arcana, Insight, or Religion, you have Advantage on the check.

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Intelligence (History) check: +2 for Intelligence, advantage for proficiency in Arcana that this budding Wizard is getting access to suddenly= 1d20+2=18, 1d20+2=22. Natural 20 for a total of 22, beating the DC20![/sblock]
Airman Babington reels at the onslaught of sensory overload happening in the chamber. Somehow, even the creatures snarls and shouts were making some kind of sense in his head...

smartmonkey

First Post
[sblock=OOC] History roll 17+1=18, fails. [/sblock]

"We have a situation in the drive core." He backs away from the control panel as the devil snarls. "Evacuate adjacent decks. Seal bulkheads. Pray, maybe." He speaks curtly, before snapping it back into position and sliding back - relying on the chaos to go unnoticed. He wasn't a soldier, and he wasn't a xenobiologist. The best he could do now was avoid notice.

[sblock=OOC]Stealth check. 19+2=21.[/sblock]

He picks up a wrench from the floor as he skirted through the shadows. He wasn't a soldier, but he could help. With surprise, anybody could be dangerous. Even to whatever alien thing they were dealing with.

Brother Dave

First Post
[sblock=check]Intelligence (History) (1d20+2=7) - fail[/sblock]

Trace stops and looks back at the demon woman when he hears her shouting, cocking his head. Hmm...the alien appears to be sentient, then. That sounds like speech - though in a language I've never heard before... Of course! Where would I have heard an alien speaking? He chuckles to himself. I wonder what the linguists would make of it? Her vocal apparatus appears to be similar to ours...

Fascinated, he releases his grip from Carter's arm and stares at the alien. I wonder if it...she...would consent to allowing me to take some samples? And maybe some full body scans...

Shayuri

First Post
Juno stared in disbelief. Was everyone stupid? A monster had just eaten someone and then been hatched, and now the civilians were just standing around gawping while she shouted at them to leave?

Jesus wept, now the security team was here. At least they were on the ball.

"Hold your fire!" she called out to the team, waving her hands. "Friendlies still in the area!"

God, she wanted her gun right now. People listened to you when you had a gun. Juno turned back to the group milling around the broken hyperdrive and its unholy spawn and started trying to get between them and it.

"Everyone here who is not on security detail, GET AWAY FROM THE INTRUDER!" she bellowed. "You are endangering the ship and everyone on it!" A quick glance let her catch another uniform. "Airman, help me out here!"

MortalPlague

Adventurer
Emma stared at the creature, incomprehending of its language. She didn't seem to notice the chaos going on around her; she was only tangentially aware of the shouting, and more as a nuisance to her academia than as something to be heeded. She scowled, and began to walk closer.

"What are you saying?" she said, though it was more to herself than to the devil. "What is your language? Where did you come from? The drive? Is it your life we harnessed to travel through the stars?"

(OOC: I'm posting some of these from tablets, so linking and doing colors is challenging. Travel, you see, for the next week. I rolled badly on the language check, but I couldn't figure out how to link from Invisible Castle on this thing)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Mike couldn't quite understand the...creature...but he knew what her language was. Babylonian, but a Babylonian that had been active for thousands of years and influenced by languages not of Earth. He does understand that she is feeling threatened and is issuing a challenge of some sort to the strongest warrior.

The marines have surrounded the demon, pistols pointed at her. They are also training to remove non-military from the room, grabbing shoulders and arms and aggressively moving them.

Ryota, meanwhile, has noticed that energy fluctuations from the hyperdrive...what's left of it...have ceased. It is completely inert.

Air Force Colonel Harrington, the military commander of Ark 17 and defacto "captain" of the ship signals that he is on his way to personally assess the situation.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases