D&D 5E Exodus

smartmonkey

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Hey gang, I'm out of town for the next 3 days - I'll have access to my tablet, but I'm doing field work in Oklahoma, which means lots of climbing around in mud. I'll check the thread as I can, but my posting will be limited. As Ryota is checking up on the drive core rather than prodding at the fight, I think we'll be okay. Cheers. :)[/sblock]

MortalPlague

Adventurer
(OOC: I`m in the opposite situation; I return from vacation today! So no more posting from tablet or hostel computers, I`ll be able to post much better from here on out.)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
The Duel

Demon lady's initiative (1d20+3=6)
Emma's initiative (1d20+3=17)

OOC: Initiative Order (Combatants)

7 - Juno
6 - Demon Lady

(Non-combatants)

16 - Trace
15 - Emma
11 - Mike
0 - Ryota

The demon woman offers a strange sort of salute, baring her fangs and holding the knife in front of her face in a blade up position, before dropping into a strange, crouched fighting stance, tail lashing behind her. This little display gives Juno just barely enough time to take the initiative against her foe.

Meanwhile, Trace, Emma, and Mike are at the front of the small circle of onlookers, mostly military folks, watching the drama unfolds. If they intend to interfere, the opportunity is presenting itself now.

Ryota, meanwhile, is still busy with the engine. The readout on the computer terminal is...odd. The remains of the hyperdrive are registering as radiating some form of energy Ryota has never seen before.

MortalPlague

Adventurer
--Initiative Count: 15--

Doctor Sanduine could hear the anticipation as it rippled through the crowd. So many faces, all watching with rapt attention as Juno squared off against some nightmarish creature, a ritual as old as humanity itself. No matter how civilized humanity fancied itself to be, there would always be violence, and it would always compel the attention of the masses. In this, the doctor was not unlike her fellows.

There was an undertone to her attention, however. The base desire to see bloodshed, the compulsion to watch the dance of death was complemented by her burning curiosity. What sort of creature was this, speaking ancient tongues and conforming to old human rituals? Could she be an alien? Perhaps one who had visited Earth long ago? Doctor Sanduine made a note to ensure her survival; the creature could be a treasure trove of knowledge of the ancient world. Her eagerness to fight was curious too; had she learned that from old cultures? Or was violence a universal language across the stars?

Doctor Emma Sanduine watches the duel unfold.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Juno takes a second to size the alien's movements up, but when she sees the 'salute,' she doesn't waste time. She rushes in, trying to take advantage of the moment of hesitation with a quick jab and bash!

[roll0] to hit for [roll1] damage.
(Juno will not kill the alien if an attack reduces it to zero or fewer HP)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Despite being naked, the demon woman is surprisingly difficult to hit and to hurt. Juno's blade nearly misses, drawing only a thin line of blood across the demon woman's shoulder.

The demon woman snarls as first blood is drawn, though the snarl quickly becomes a rather unsettling laugh as she retaliates, pouncing with the grace and strength of a wolf.

Demon woman's attack and damage (1d20+4=8, 1d4+2=3)

Advantage second roll (1d20+4=6)

Juno's military training seems to be giving the demon some difficulty in anticipating her moves as she misses Juno entirely, apparently expecting a more straightforward opponent. Her unsettling laughter continues, however.

MortalPlague

Adventurer
--Initiative Count: 15--

With eyes wide open, Doctor Sanduine continues to record the spectacle with her holo-recorder. Her hand is steady as she films; she's not easily rattled. But her eyes are wide with interest. Her vantage point from the walkway gave her a commanding view of things.

Brother Dave

First Post
Trace raptly watches the interplay of muscle under the alien's skin, noting the similarity to that of humans. This has to be more than a case of parallel evolution! I recognize many of those muscle groups...and her skeletal structure is remarkably similar to ours. I'll need blood and tissue sample to confirm it, but I would bet just about anything she's got DNA. Maybe even human DNA, or something very close to it. Perhaps an ancient offshoot of homo sapiens....? Or more likely the result of some kind of genetic mutation...or experiment! Yes! We know the...well, dragons, for lack of a better term...must have been around for a long time. And clearly they are in possession of advanced technology. Could this be a creation of theirs? Concern knits his brow. Or...an agent?

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Going to just post the next round's actions; if something interferes with Juno's turn we can resolve that IC. :))

Juno surged back in immediately after her dodge, taking advantage of her speed to get inside the alien's guard and deliver another slash with her knife's edge!

"You're not as scary as you look," Juno growled, reversing her grip on the knife to try for a deeper wound on her next attack.

[roll0] to hit for [roll1]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases