Unusual Sandwiches

BadBreath

First Post
Have not read whole thread, this may seem boring: Thick freshly toasted white bread (still warm)... lashings of smooth peanut butter, a bit of honey spread thinly, slices of cheeeeeeese (like Gouda or similar)... enjoy while playing a RPG on a PC.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
f86bf038210a98e3029c61dbb0551455.jpg

For breakfast today, I sliced open an onion roll, then smeared a bit of mayonnaise inside. Pretty normal...

Until on it, I placed a layer of ahi shoyu poke*:
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/256936/ahi-shoyu-poke/

The combo of the mayo and the poke was almost too slick to cohere as a sandwich, but it did. And it was goooood.

* full disclosure: I didn’t MAKE my poke using that recipe. Mine was bought from the seafood counter at my local Market Street grocery. That recipe seems close to how they make theirs, though. The one difference I know is macadamia nuts- the grocery doesn’t include those.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Have not read whole thread, this may seem boring: Thick freshly toasted white bread (still warm)... lashings of smooth peanut butter, a bit of honey spread thinly, slices of cheeeeeeese (like Gouda or similar)... enjoy while playing a RPG on a PC.

I’m with you up to “cheese”. Never added that to my PB & H sandwiches.

Nytmare

David Jose
I just wanted to confess to having almost made PB&J quesadillas at least three times in the last two weeks. I've been working hellish hours on the new job and not wanting to put too much effort into making a food when I get home, and although there's no bread there's a pack of tortillas that's just been sitting there mocking me for almost the last month.

I'll let you know if I eventually cave.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have used naan to make sandwiches- not peanut butter ones since I almost always buy garlic naan- so I don’t see tortillas as being that big of a stretch.

Flour or corn?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Recently made a sandwich with prosciutto, shallot Boursin, and sliced Campari tomatoes on a toasted garlic bagel. Added a little ground pepper.

Yum!

In retrospect, adding a little egg patty and some spinach would have made it killer.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Tonight’s dinner!
n7Yn2EI.jpg

The sandwich is sliced ribeye and steakhouse onion cheddar on toasted roasted garlic bread with mayo & brown mustard.

The salad is Yukon golds, mayo, Greek yogurt, dill relish. yellow mustard, paprika, dill, parseley, chives, black & cayenne pepper.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Sunday night, I did thin pork chops on a bed of diced garlic & onions. Didn’t eat them for dinner, but wanted to get the meat packaging out with Monday’s garbage. ;)
zQnWaaQ.jpg

Tonight, took one of those pork chops, slapped it on toasted sourdough with mayo, mustard, and slivered truffle parano.

Oh yes, my friends, ‘twas tasty.

Sadras

Legend

I’m with you up to “cheese”. Never added that to my PB & H sandwiches.

Pretty much grew up with this and the honey need not be too thin. It works with most simple yellow cheeses like gouda and cheddar even your basic melrose (I wouldn't opt for the flavoured variety).

If you are feeling a little more riskier (and I know this is not to everyone's taste), but the same PB & H sandwiches actually work with sliced cucumbers or polony or salami. Yeah I know it sounds crazy, but it works - seriously try it.

Seriously.

Remove ads