Unusual Sandwiches

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I went to a new Indian restaurant near my home and got a big order of garlic naan to take home.

A couple slices of smoked ham and some butterkäse on top, zapped in the microwave for 30 seconds and then rolled up makes for a VERY tasty bite.

Tried a salami & cheddar version of this, with a little cracked black pepper and some added butter on the naan. This is definitely a keeper idea. I may make some of these roll-ups and slice them into bite-sized portions for appetizers the next time I entertain.

MistyF

First Post
Tried a salami & cheddar version of this, with a little cracked black pepper and some added butter on the naan. This is definitely a keeper idea. I may make some of these roll-ups and slice them into bite-sized portions for appetizers the next time I entertain.

Mmmm.. Yammi! I want to do it right now!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I might have to get some this weekend. Got lots of Thanksgiving leftovers...

Oyster dressing + ham on garlic naan! Crab spread on garlic naan!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
OK, last night, Mom & I tried some leftover turkey and oyster dressing on the garlic naan.

We heated the sliced turkey & dressing just enough to melt butter (used for flavor & to retain moistness). Then spread a little mayo on the naan-approximately half a whole round- then placed a smear of dressing on half of it, and topped that smear with the turkey slices. That was all rolled up.

The resulting roll was the size of a nice burrito.

The flavor? KILLER!

MistyF

First Post
Last month I was in Rome and I've tasted Trapizzino. OMG, that's the new sensation! I really recommend to try it. That is Italian pizza sandwiches, made from pizza. You must make a pocket from the pizza slice, and stuff it with savory fillings like stewed oxtail, eggplant parmesan, and dark meat chicken meat cooked with garlic, olive oil, rosemary, white wine, and vinegar. A lot of ingredients, I know.
For those who want to taste something original, Italy is not far and not so expensive, I, personally, always use couchsurfing and look for free accommodation in Rome. And use low-cost flights. Believe me, you can try every cuisine in the world if you want ;)

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Post-holiday leftover fun again- this time, Earl Campbell Hot Links on roasted garlic bread (toasted) with mayo & Boursin.

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
One of my favourites after making tacos at home:

A grilled cheese sandwich with aged white cheddar and;
Taco filling (in this case seasoned ground beef)
Something spicy, I use jalapeno Tabasco sauce (the green one)
Baby spinach

Grill to desired crispiness.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases