Unusual Sandwiches

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Tried my egg rings tonight:

There is definitely a skill to judging doneness and flipping them that I'll need to work on.

The mix was:
8 Eggs
Milk
Paprika
Black pepper
Minced dried onion
Garlic powder
Dried parsley flakes

That mix made @1 patty per egg.

Had one egg patty on toasted pumpernickel rye, with a little mayo, a slice of ham, and a generous schmear of Boursin.

Tasty.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Did another egg sandwich, this time on a nice onion roll. (Dad killed the pumpernickel eating a Ruben last night.)

Loved it, but also came to a decision- mayo doesn't work with the Boursin in these sandwiches. Not because of the flavor, because that's just fine, but when you combine the Boursin with a nice hot egg patty, it melts a bit. The inclusion of mayo makes the sandwich overlubed. The egg was trying to escape with every bite.

Butter might fare better, but I'm thinking the Boursin will be sufficient.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Latest iteration in my eggsperiment:

Small sourdough bun, sliced, toasted, buttered. (I used a little too much, but hey...)
1 egg patty
1 slice each Swiss cheese, smoked Gouda, and turkey breast.

While the bread was toasting, I microwaved the patty 30sec. Then topped it with the cheeses, and zapped it another 5 sec. Buttered the toast., and stacked it all but the meat, zapping another 10-15sec. Then topped with the meat and far it 5sec more.

May be one of the better versions of this. The egg was nice, warm, and fragrant. The cheese, just barely gooey. The sourdough bun was a pleasant buttery toast, the meat just warm enough to not have any fridge chill.

Just a few minutes of prep, under 1 minute total heating. Eating it didn't take long, either. :D

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Had a PB & Honey on a bread other than white or wheat for the first time today: toasted sourdough.

It was different, but good. Would do again.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases