D&D 5E [D&D 5e] It's a Brand New World [FULL]

pathfinderq1

First Post
I'll be traveling a bit over the next 4-5 days for the holiday- or hopefully, anyway, given the uncertainty in the weather forecasts. I'm not sure how much time (or connectivity) I will have for posting. I'll be back up to speed by Sunday.

industrygothica

Adventurer
To answer Shayuri's question, there is at least a good disadvantaged bowshot (about 200 yards, or two american football fields) between the two ships, but the distance is closing quickly enough. If there is anything else you want to do at this distance, please do it now, as I'll begin working out the engagement post soon enough.

To all my players, and any lurkers hiding in the wings: What do you think so far? I know things are moving slow, but that's just the nature of the beast at this point. From a world-building aspect, is there anything we should or shouldn't add or modify at this point? I realize that we haven't visited a lot of the world yet, with the exception of Blackthorn and the Kingsport harbor.

I know that some of you said that you liked the intro, and others didn't really say. I think my plan there was to introduce a few NPCs that may or may not be central to the world, or to at least their region of the world (think Drizzt to the Sword Coast, as may be Tra'an to wherever he's from--speaking of which, [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], when can we expect Maighan's completed background on her character record?). The headmaster at Blackthorn will obviously be a major player if the academy is to become integral to the world as it appears it will.

I may have some other ideas along those same lines, but I'll revisit that after a bit.

In any case, I just wanted to touch base with the world-building, and see if anyone had anything to say.

-IG

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
My character hasn't really had a chance to break out of her shell, but that's kind of expected. Plus, its partially my fault as the past couple of months have been roller-coastery in real life for me. :p

industrygothica

Adventurer
My character hasn't really had a chance to break out of her shell, but that's kind of expected. Plus, its partially my fault as the past couple of months have been roller-coastery in real life for me. :p

I've got a feeling that once Nissa gets her moment in the spotlight, it'll be quite difficult to pry her out of it. :) I think you're playing her to perfection at this point.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
If there is anything else you want to do at this distance, please do it now, as I'll begin working out the engagement post soon enough.

I think ideally we'd want to (a) cut of the wind in the burning sail [this might appear to be a hostile act, but it'd top the fanning of the flame by wind], and (b) rapidly come about, alongside the burning vessel to [board and] help, esp. if the burning sail hasn't been cut yet.

Garrison isn't at the tiller, but he can make the suggestion and then grab a white sheet to suggest that we're not hostile. If he could get aboard, he'd start climbing the ropes right away (athletics?) to fight the fire.

To all my players, and any lurkers hiding in the wings: What do you think so far? I know things are moving slow, but that's just the nature of the beast at this point. From a world-building aspect, is there anything we should or shouldn't add or modify at this point? I realize that we haven't visited a lot of the world yet, with the exception of Blackthorn and the Kingsport harbor.

All good so far; it's a slow start, and we've not done much yet to build the wider world, but it's started with good atmosphere. Fun!

Phoenix8008

First Post
I'm liking the story so far, and I love the twist of some of us being on different boats! I know we're in the holiday slowdown right now. I've experienced that before in other PBP's. Things will probably pick back up more in January.

Remove ads